Options

Professional driver on a closed course :-)

rkholmesrkholmes Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Don't try this at home...

I had been given a free exam due to having a bad testing experience several months ago. I chose the 70-621 and they set a arbitrary date for me, and told me I could just log on to the Prometric web site and change the date as need be.

I had been moving the date out a week at a time, because I had not had a chance to find/read any study materials besides the wonderful technotes that Johann offers here at this site.

Thanks for those technotes Johann...I can honestly say without those I would not have passed the 70-621. :D

Here is what happened to me yesterday. I had forgotten to move the exam date out again and then lo and behold yesterday morning I realized 'Oh my God..I forgot to move that exam date out'. Now it's of course too late to reschedule because the exam is in 4 hours. To make matters worse I am at one of my companies remote offices working on a important project and don't have time to do any meaningful review. I am resolved to just do what has to be done; that is go take the test at 2PM. If I pass...great, if not it was my own fault for not properly managing that exam date.

I finish my work at the remote site, print all the Vista technotes, explain to my boss why I need to take a 2 hour lunch, and then drive to the coffee shop across the street from the exam site. I review the technotes for 1/2 hour and go sit the exam....AND PASS!

(disclaimer: by the skin of my teeth I passed with a 700)

The Pro: Microsoft Desktop Support - Enterprise was the tough side of the exam. It looks like my "NEEDS DEVELOPMENT - STRONG" red line is about 60%.

The TS: Configuring Windows Vista Client was painfully easy though. I did about 95% there.

I had 22 questions on the first section of the exam, 32 on the second section. IMHO Johann does an amazing job covering the material of the second half of the 621 in his technotes. The first half of the exam was quite unfamiliar to me though. I know that I have some after exam studying to do in order to really own this certification. But until then...A PASS IS A PASS!

icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Congrats! :)

I found the 621 the same as yourself. The 620 part very easy but the 622 part very hard especially since there was no study material for it at all when I took it in Sept. I think I got a 704 or something very close.
    ~Thiassi