Options

Network Warrior by Gary Donahue

hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
hi guys,

im thinking about purchasing this book for my ccna studies to work along side with the cisco press.

has anyone else used this book if so did it help you to success with the ccna

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'd buy it just because it's an O'Reilly book -- but the fact it's a pretty great book also helps. :D

But its better for the knowledge that will help you in real life at work, than for passing the CCNA. If you read it before you start studying for the CCNA, it may let you know what you could be getting yourself into with the choice of a networking career.

If you don't mind spending the money, get it. If money is tight, put it on your birthday -- Christmas -- other seasonal gift receiving holiday wish list.

I'll give it 2 thumbs up (on a scale of 0-2, with 2 being best)
    icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mrjmrj Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like it, I've got it. I'd say more but I haven't really gone too indepth with it. He gives you more of a "why did I just learn this crap?" perspective of the CCNA topics.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Remember, you can access all the O'Reilly, Cisco, MS Press, etc. books through http://safari.oreilly.com They have different plans, but I go with $40 (maybe $50 - it's on autopay) per month for unlimited access. It's definitely saved me a ton of money, and I've read things I probably wouldn't have picked up otherwise.