Options

Supid Prometric

I scheduled my test for this morning @ 9am. Arrived on time at a test center ive never used before. They had no idea that a test taker was comeing today. They said that they informed prometric 2 weeks ago that there test center will be down for remodeling. I called prometric and the lady said.. "Well you should have called the Test center to ensure they were open" ??????????????????????????????

Needless to say She was able to get me to shut up by getting me a Slot today @ another Center..

BTW prometrics website sucks.. The java or whatever they use for their calander schudle bites.. It does not show all the proper dates
Xinxing is the hairy one.

Comments

• Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Man I would of been p!$$ed if that was me...I would of raised Holy he11...
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think we should start getting worried about incompetence spreading around like a virus... I had a similar experience with Prometric scheduling. I scheduled an exam for 14:30, around 13:00 a lady from the test center called me and told me I couldn't take the test so 'late' because they would close at 16:00 hour... icon_confused.gif

Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do fine. Don't do any unnecessary cramming, just relax. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    No today.

They re-scheduled it for today..

I was pretty Pi$$3d off..
    Like i said, It took her to reschdule it today and then i would shut up.
    If they didnt get it rescheduled for today, I would demand a voucher for another test from them. I had to take off work for this test. That costs me $$$$.
    Needless to say, i even called my test center to make sure they knew i was coming and not to close early..
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    I've gotten to the point where I'm not going to deal with Prometric unless I absolutely have to. The Prometric center at my school is a joke, when I went to take 70-215, they had problems downloading the exam. For my 70-218, I went to the nearest Vue center, which was 20 miles out of my way, but with whom I had a very positive experience on my 70-210, and it was no different that time around. needless to say the extra drive is worth the professionalism I get when it comes time to sit an exam and I will be using Vue for everything I possibly can.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    Someone once told me something pretty inspiring.
    If you're a regular at a gas station for years and have no problem, you'll simply attend that gas station for years to come, and never think anything of it.
    Then a pimply-faced-youth serves your gas and forgets to put the gas cap on and mouths you off for noticing it, or skimps $2 change, you're likely to remember it and never, ever return.
    You'll tell your friends about the horrible service there, and they'll in effect never return..

Anyway, the moral of the story is people take some things for granted.
    Instead of badmouthing prometric due to incompetance, I don't think I've actually seen anyone go out of their way to praise them. Why should we only notice the bad things?

Hats off to Prometric! I've never had a problem with them.

It's like a computer tech's job. IT is a liability, and we don't exist until something goes wrong.
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    You do have a point... even though, they have a monopoly on my area. Other than this, i havent had any other major conflicts
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    man.... looks like everybody's got his share of prometric nightmares.

on my second examination, they submitted the results under "another" persons name (well only my name but with the first and last name interchanged) and microsoft sent me a certificate under that name. now the really bad thing was that the second exam did not add up to the others in my transcript so that meant it really didn't make any sense for my ultimate goal. I almost opened a lawsuit becuase of prometric. fortunately, this "angel" at microsoft understood the problem by simply rationalizing the case. after 2 months of war, we finally came to an understanding. icon_cry.gif

and that was the last day I sat on a prometric-owned testing computer.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sartan wrote:
    Someone once told me something pretty inspiring.
    If you're a regular at a gas station for years and have no problem, you'll simply attend that gas station for years to come, and never think anything of it.
    Then a pimply-faced-youth serves your gas and forgets to put the gas cap on and mouths you off for noticing it, or skimps $2 change, you're likely to remember it and never, ever return.
    You'll tell your friends about the horrible service there, and they'll in effect never return..

Anyway, the moral of the story is people take some things for granted.
    Instead of badmouthing prometric due to incompetance, I don't think I've actually seen anyone go out of their way to praise them. Why should we only notice the bad things?

Hats off to Prometric! I've never had a problem with them.

It's like a computer tech's job. IT is a liability, and we don't exist until something goes wrong.

I like the moral of your story. It is a typical reaction to MS software as well...

But, we did do our part of praising Prometric in several older posts that discuss VUE vs. Prometric. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    The moral is nice, but for me, the bottom line is thus - I spend a good deal of time prepping for a test, and then drop a fair amount of change on the test itself. All the testing center has to do is make sure I'm me, download my test, and make sure I don't ****, since they have my money before I ever set foot in the door. When I go for an exam, I'm already nervous and the last thing I need is for any sort of delay or hassle on the part of the testing center, and I'm going to go to the center that provides me with the better service. There is a reason why how you treat a customer is directly related to how many customers you retain.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=