Options

taking security+ on wed = UPDATE PASSED.

spree610spree610 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
finished my security+ training class (which imo wasnt worth it except for the job paying for it).
Done taking my measureups, practice questions, etc. now taking my test on wed and hopefully will pass.

*crosses fingers*
UPDATE:

Passed with an 803. Man to be honest there were alot of questions on there I didnt even have a clue on that werent covered in the "CompTIA Certified" Learning Course I went through or on the Measure Ups.

Also there were alot of repetive questions on there, I mean like 4-5 asking the same thing with maybe some words switched around.
"The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing just what it is that I do."

Next stop 70-291, 70-648, 70-646

Comments

• Options
    crivera251crivera251 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck and let us how you do...
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Tech109Tech109 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They say to try to answer each question as you see it instead of skipping, but I found it better to not worry too much about the hard ones...I would save them for later if I had no clue of the answer, and focus on the ones I was sure of. Then I came back to the harder ones at the end. That way I didn't lose focus of what I knew, and didn't get stressed about the harder ones and let them get in the way of the rest of the questions.
  • Options
    spree610spree610 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i didnt even review, i just went through one by one. took about 30mins
    "The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing just what it is that I do."

Next stop 70-291, 70-648, 70-646
  • Options
    RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    JamilahJamilah Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree spree610. I am studying for the CISSP and took the Sec+ to prepare for the technical portion of the test.

I passed yesterday with a score of 814. I took a 3 day bootcamp with Training Camp, which was pretty good but only about 10 of the questions on the exam was actually covered in the course. The instructor stated to make sure to study Access Control, DAC, MAC, & RBAC and boy am I glad he did because a huge part of the test covered it. Considering that the test has 100 questions and it draws from a pool of 700+ questions, its important to cover all areas of study. The pass rate is high, 83% +.

I used the Thomson Prometric Security+ book to study and some of the material in my All in One CISSP book by Shon Harris. I can honestly say everything covered in the Thomson book was thorough preparation for the exam and the All in one was really helpful in explaining Access Control. The Thomson book didn't cover that area as well.

I'm going to go for the MCSE and then the CISSP next.