Options

70-536 or 70-526 any order?

wideboy_westwideboy_west Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was going to start my MCTS with 70-536
but I may do the easier exam 70-526 first.

Does it really matter in what order they are taken?

Does doing 70-536 first help with 70-526?

also for both apart from the MS press books what books are out there to help?

Looks like Amit Kalami's book

MCTS 70-536 Exam Prep: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Foundation Exam (Exam Cram 2) (Hardcover)

Next release date is Feb 2007.

I have get to get cracking, been meaning to start my MCTS for nearly a year!(new baby blow that out of the water)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    I would say that common sense would suggest taking the foundations exam (70-536) first, and it probably will help with the other MCTS exams, but really it doesn't matter. Take the exam first you feel the most confident in passing, especially if you are not already an MCP.
  • Options
    How comforatable are you with the .NET framework?
  • Options
    tjcassertjcasser Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Even though I've not yet taken 526 (it's my next exam), I have taken 528 and 529 since taking 536, and I can say that I'm glad I took the fundamentals exam first. Even though you don't earn MCP from doing it (it just counts towards the MCTS), I have, so far, found it to be the easiest of the exams for the .NET Framework, and I think I would have been quite discouraged by the relative difficulty of the other exams (to the point of perhaps not pursuing MS certification further) if I had not taken the fundamentals first.
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications
    MCPD: .Net Framework 2.0 Enterprise Applications
  • Options
    wideboy_westwideboy_west Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies.

I think I will go down the 70-536 route. That way afterwards I can decide to go
    down the web or form route.

cheers
  • Options
    hi_its_ashuhi_its_ashu Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Last week I appeared fro 70-526 exam, there were some questions which were not there in 526 book, but were there in 536 book...

If you give 536 first, there are many topics in 526 exam which which will be very easy to understand...like asynchronous mechanism....Also, if you give 536 first, you will feel a bit confident.

Finally I am am MCTS.... :D

Cheers,
    Ashutosh Bhawasinka
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Finally I am am MCTS.... :D
    Congratulations on your accomplishment!