Options

Jelly Beans

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

Anyone here in the UK receive a packet of Jelly Beans from Microsoft

I subscribe the the Action Pack, plus i am a registered system builder, anyone who is also should have got the same

Very odd

Lee

Comments

• Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    They have a virus, don't install them!

Or at least wait for a service pack.
  • Options
    Rob i actually mean Jelly Beans the sweets

Are you refering to the small app that tells you your CD Key, lol

yeah it is very odd, dont even wanna eat them so i can show them to everyone
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    haha think he's pulling your chain lee mate!

i hope M$ havent skimped on costs and have gave you the cheepy jelly beans from the poundshop! haha :P
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    haha ya I was just kidding ya. I've never heard of an app by that name.

Do they have an MS logo on them? If so I would keep them and show them off lol
  • Options
    Guys

here is a link to a picture of what i recieved, not mine but somebody else who got Jelly Beans

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/106678-microsoft-donates-vistax64-com.html

Ha Ha icon_lol.gif

Lee H
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    They have a virus, don't install them!

Or at least wait for a service pack.

You need to get Saliva 2.0 before this package works correctly.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    To differentiate our "Genuine Microsoft Jelly Beans" from other open source alternatives and help combat piracy, we have neglected to include the Nutrition Label.

Also in line with their new anti-piracy initiative, any "Genuine Microsoft Jelly Beans" deemed stolen will taste like oil and stain your mouth black.

To verify proper ownership of your "Genuine Microsoft Jelly Beans", please "Click Here" to send non-confidential information to Microsoft such as Medical History and all credit card numbers ever used through this PC.

Please do not obtain try to obtain any "small sugar capsules in a bean shape with a variety of colors" from any third party sources such as Candy Stores or the Easter Bunny. These objects may resemble "Genuine Microsoft Jelly Beans", but do NOT be fooled!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Ah, the miniature tracking devices have arrived. The beans are full of nanites to track your habits and produce a better marketing campaign :P

j/k

I once received a 128MB thumb drive from MS, but it was defective. icon_sad.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I spent 500k on Microsoft licensing and got a sleeve of golf balls and tees.

That's good stuff Schluep.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Ah, the miniature tracking devices have arrived. The beans are full of nanites to track your habits and produce a better marketing campaign :P

j/k

I once received a 128MB thumb drive from MS, but it was defective. icon_sad.gif

I got one from cisco but it was also cream crackered.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lol jelly beans seems like a interesting way to butter you up to use Microsoft's **** products.
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think I'll walk across the street and buy some Jelly beans right now ;)
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I don't think Microsoft would refer to them as "jelly beans" because that sounds too much like Java (a.k.a., Sun Microsystems). MS probably prefers a more .NET Framework-sounding name, such as "jellied assemblies."

And I thought you Brits called them "jelly babies." That's what Tom Baker was always snacking on in his Tardis.
  • Options
    silentc1015silentc1015 Member Posts: 128
    JDMurray wrote:
    I don't think Microsoft would refer to them as "jelly beans" because that sounds too much like Java (a.k.a., Sun Microsystems). MS probably prefers a more .NET Framework-sounding name, such as "jellied assemblies."

And I thought you Brits called them "jelly babies." That's what Tom Baker was always snacking on in his Tardis.

LOL "Jellied Assemblies"! So true...
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    And I thought you Brits called them jelly babies

Almost JD, but Jelly Babies are not quite the same as Jelly Beans. The 'babies' tend to be softer, and shaped like, um, babies. Trust me I know this stuff, having gained a reputation in the office I've worked for nigh on 9 years because I eat enough of them (the name bertieb refers to Bertie Bassett which is a character created by a large manufacturer of sweets, and jelly babies in the UK).

Said too much there haven't I? icon_redface.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    bertieb wrote:
    The 'babies' tend to be softer, and shaped like, um, babies.
    Ah, now I know where the Germans got the idea for Gummi Bears. The "babies" predate the "bears" by several years.

More useless knowledge that will never leave my head. icon_shaking.gif
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    JDMurray wrote:

Haha, very good one.

Press release for Visual Studio 2008:

MS Rep:

With the new Visual Studio 2008 (which you must currenty refer to as Orcas), the upgraded jellied assemblies 2.0 we will be adding the following original (copyrighted) flavors:

Ice Cream (Neopolitan)
    Sugar
    Apricot
    Passionfruit
    Italian Bread

Doughnut
    Lemon Meringue Pie
    Lobster

Reporter: I have had Lemon Meringue Pie Jelly beans before, so how can you copyright them?

MS Rep: We invented them for initial release with Windows 3.0 as a gift that was never used since the idea was leaked and re-produced. We will be claiming a civil suit in the weeks to come.

Reporter: I had them in 1960 though.

MS Rep: That shows how much time we spent working on the idea for Windows.

Reporter: But,

MS Rep (Interrupting): That will be all for today.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Lee H wrote:
    Hi

Anyone here in the UK receive a packet of Jelly Beans from Microsoft

I subscribe the the Action Pack, plus i am a registered system builder, anyone who is also should have got the same

Very odd

Lee

The only Jellybean I uses w/ MS is the magic jellybean. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    dtlokee wrote:
    I spent 500k on Microsoft licensing and got a sleeve of golf balls and tees.

That's good stuff Schluep.

Let me guess, they sent you Top Flite..hahaha