Interviews

Since I know some of you have experience from the hiring side of the table, I'm curious, would it be a bad idea to wear my MCSA polo shirt to an interview or should I stick with standard shirt and tie?
= Marcus Drakonblayde
================
CCNP-O-Meter:
=[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
=CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=

Comments

• chelchchelch Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i would go with the shirt and tie.
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    you're not telling me what I want to hear ;)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
  • SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    Before your interview make sure to get enough peircings to make you look like a porcupine, wear a ripped AC/DC T-Shirt, and stinky cologne.

He'll get the impression that you can hold your own and know how valuable you are and hire you on the spot..
    Then slowly you could change the passwords and configurations to everything.... so they can't fire you.

You're dressed for success, my friend.
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Since I know some of you have experience from the hiring side of the table, I'm curious, would it be a bad idea to wear my MCSA polo shirt to an interview or should I stick with standard shirt and tie?
    Definitely the shirt and tie... unless you are applying for a job at Microsoft ncool.gif
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Sartan wrote:
    Before your interview make sure to get enough peircings to make you look like a porcupine, wear a ripped AC/DC T-Shirt, and stinky cologne.

He'll get the impression that you can hold your own and know how valuable you are and hire you on the spot..
    Then slowly you could change the passwords and configurations to everything.... so they can't fire you.

You're dressed for success, my friend.

Ha, Dont forget to say "dude" after every sentence..

They love it when you agree with them!! icon_wink.gif
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
    ah well, can't have everything. I happen to hate shirts and ties and avoid them like the plague when possible, but thanks for the sarcasm guys, a laugh is always nice ;)

You mean this isn't an integral part of sysadmin doctrine?

*innocent look*
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
  • w^rl0rdw^rl0rd Member Posts: 329
    As long as you don't wear it around the office.
    There is this guy in my office who has just about every cert like you, but he walks around with his official MCSE shirt and pocket protector and everybody makes fun of him. Besides, the good ones are silent but violent.
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Cant imagine walking around the office looking like a Microsoft sponsored Formula 1 driver would do you any favours....

I nearly bought an item from the mcp shopping site, 10$us for the item 40$us to ship it to the Uk. Great value for money as ever...
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
    Hehe, I only actually own one MCP polo and one MCSA polo. Right now I only wear them when I do onsite support for my clients. They're uneducated and the idea of a 'Professional' certified by Microsoft awes them and gives them more confidence in my ability than it should. Since they're the ones signing the check, I'm not going to do a thing to dissuade them.

While I'm hardly pro-Microsoft, I can peacefully co-exist with their products. I prefer Linux for any mission critical machine, but I'm perfectly happy with 2k or XP for a client interface. Now, when I finally get back to a cubicle of my very own, ain't a chance I'm going to litter it with MS merchandise. Hell, I probably wouldn't even bother hanging up my MCP and MCSA certificates. I do have every intention of bringing in an MCP coffee mug though... just to see which MS haters I can drive into conniptions for the fun of it ;)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
  • w^rl0rdw^rl0rd Member Posts: 329
    I wish CompTIA gave out mugs. They don't even frame their certs. The frame would probably suck anyway. A mug would be awesome though.