Options

Illegal???

quickpotquickpot Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
xxxxxxxxx [edit by webmaster: posting a link to them will only send them visitors...]

Isnt that illegal what they are doing? If so, who can I report them to?

Comments

• Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    unfortunatly it say's Novelty.. So basically it is probably legal..
    Just show your stuff at the interview and they will know if you have a novelty one or real one.
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What is the purpose of that??? I think it is ridicicouls!!! icon_evil.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    How is that not illegal? Novelty or not, they're selling certs, without the cert.?!?!?! Hmmm. Comptia and M$ should be aware of this. I'd stay away, very far away. They claim no one can tell the difference. Well gee, let's say Mr. Employer asks for an offical transcript...do they sell those as well?!?!?!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Oh my God icon_cry.gif These guys are "selling" certificates with your name on them and, to add to the confusion, they're up there on the WWW telling everybody how goddamned legal they are icon_rolleyes.gif some "police" must be sleeping here. I thought those certificates were "registered trademarks" or somesort. It's like printing a cheque or a Harvad diploma

icon_confused.gif
    Well gee, let's say Mr. Employer asks for an offical transcript...do they sell those as well?!?!?!

yep. as they claim.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    Microsoft should offer a publish option ~ like comptia. It would sure nail this kind of crap.
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    "Will people know that I bought my IT certification, instead of working hard for it and passing exams?
    No. The fact that you obtained your certification through CompCerts, Inc. will never be revealed to anyone. We comply with the strictest of confidentiality."

How can that be allowed? They should be shut down? What about copyright?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    This sort of thing makes me sick.

I see posts on this and other forums from people seeking honest jobs as IT techs and admins so they can support themselves and perhaps their families. But, the ones making money--making a killing-- are the crooks.

Well, I'd be pretty sure that CompTIA and M$ know about this site, but it's probably off-shore or in an environment where it's owner is immune to prosecution. These kinds of operations have always been available to people who do not desire a feeling of accomplishment or have any idea of real fairness.

But, enough preachin'. I'm going to get my certs by examination.

Good luck to all!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I got a couple of contacts at Pearson VUE, MS and CompTIA who will be interested in this. If I get a reply I will post it here if appropriate.
  • Options
    AlienitoAlienito Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It doesn't matter if you expend $1,000 on those imitations, basically an IT manager in an job interview will ask you a couple of questions and trust me, it will not be long before he or she realize that your claims about expertise are a hoax...

Im agree in one thing, posting a link on this forum will only help bring them more potencial customers icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I don't know what the reason was for creating a second thread, but please continue this discussion here:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3021
This discussion has been closed.