Voucher Price$

cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
Hey everybody,

I recently paid $150 for a cisco test. Before it was $125. There making a killing off these Cert's when u add in study material. Why should the price of the exam be increased?

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Because they can.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe the money is made in the training materials. When you look at all that's involved with developing and maintaining certification programs along with giving the testing center their cut, I doubt there's much money made.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

I personaly dont have an issue paying whatever cost for these exams

Think of it this way, MCSE in UK is £103 X 7 = £721

If you buy cheap books on ebay this would still be an overall cost of less than £1000

If you are MCSE in UK then you could be earning in excess of £20 per hour = £40k per year

In comparrison you would have earned it back in a little over 1 week

Lee H
  • cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Good point Lee,

I'm just a cheapsteak. And I'm gonna make my company reinburst me
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cheapsteak? icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Well he does have a bull for his avatar, maybe it was a pun? :P

Cisco and Microsoft seem to be pretty fair. You also have to remember the cheaper it is to take the exam, the easier it is for brain **** sites to exist. Also, compare that to the "non-profit" comptia tests, that are upwards of $250.

Always have to look at these things as an investment.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I believe the money is made in the training materials. When you look at all that's involved with developing and maintaining certification programs along with giving the testing center their cut, I doubt there's much money made.

The testing center gets between $3 - $10 depending on how the canidate was registered, the remainder goes to the exam delivery partner and the exam provider.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't mind a few bucks, time to build me a testing center. :D
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680