Linksys

and why :)

Thanks

Seek

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    uhm... Cisco? ;)

I have only experience with some low-end brands for SOHOs such as RealTek, Etech, and Trust. I found only the first one to be reasonable reliable. The latter two (WAPs) had unexplainable sudden signal drops and high error rates while nothing in the environment had changed.

I often hear and read good things about Linksys, and would probably go with them when I have to buy new equipment.
  • Options
    aznluvsmcaznluvsmc Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Linksys also produces unexplainable signal drops. It's weird because although the signal dropped and I get the No Signal message I can still surf the net.

I'm thinking about switching my Linksys B router to a D-Link G router in the future.
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I have the Microsoft wireless base, it is good but I wish it had a better built-in firewall...
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Recommendations for WLAN AP/router/firewall combos are initally based upon your budget. The under $300US category is either Linksys or D-Link, with D-Link being better for distance and signal strength. In the the $1000US and up range you would do best to look at Cisco and SonicWALL.