Options

Cisco and Pearson VUE Improve Security Innovations in Global

Cisco and Pearson VUE Improve Security Innovations in Global Test Delivery

Alright, Cisco sent out an email earlier today stating that it will change it Security for content delivery. Now the Testing Centers have to take digital pictures of the candidates and file a digital signature for anyone taking a Cisco Certification Exam.

Check out the Cisco Certification Exam Policy Page for more details.

Step in the right direction or privacy issue? What do you think?

determinedgerman

As the marketplace for skilled technology workers expands around the globe, employers are expecting greater assurance that employees are presenting accurate certification records. To meet this demand, Cisco and Pearson VUE are changing the way IT certification exams are designed, delivered and secured.

Based on a study conducted earlier this year, we are implementing ongoing security enhancements in a series of planned upgrades. Cisco is now requiring that all VUE test centers delivering Cisco certification exams collect digital photos and digital signatures during the admissions process, in addition to the current identification requirements. This new layer of identity authentication will help to ensure candidate identity and result in increased assurance that individuals are presenting accurate certification records in the marketplace. The new authentication technology will be implemented in phases around the globe over the next year.

Looking ahead, Cisco and Pearson VUE will continue to innovate new ways to protect the integrity of Cisco certification in the marketplace and combat exam fraud. We will continue to advise you of this initiative’s next steps in the coming year. For further information, please refer to the Cisco Exam Policies Webpage, Customer Service FAQs, and Pearson VUE Admissions Flash Presentation.

Comments

• Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Yep they started doing this is Perth,WA a while ago as it was fully functional when I took my CCNA in the first week of Nov......

Step in the right direction for sure..... Although you can't please everyone....

It's not really a privacy issue.... it's only a picture.... people have pictures all over the internet now due to online sites like facebook, myspace etc...... Cisco and VUE can defend their case quite well due to this seeing as they are taking 'glamour' shots for their private identification purposes....

Yes I am a 'glamour' model.... :p

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think it is a good thing. I'm all for anything to help up hold the integrity of the certifications.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They're doing it to combat the sites where you can pay somone to to take the exams for you.
    The only easy day was yesterday!