What did you use to study for 70-290?

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
I am new to the server world, limited experience, and will be going to a 70-290 class next month for a week or so.

Knowing that I have not had much server 2003 experience, what would you guys recommend in getting up to speed?

I have read someone like transcenders and the sybex book. Anyone that taken it recently have some suggestions?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just used the MS Press book and Transcender for this one. CBT Nuggets is a good supplement as well, and I'd recommend checking them out. This was actually the first one I did, and I hadn't had any real experience with Server 2003 before. It wasn't too bad. There was some overlap between 270 (XP) and this, and the rest was sort of a general overview of Server 2003. The subsequent exams go much more in-depth on specific aspects of Server 2003.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I found a product called ExamBlaster, that seems to have a much more reasonable price than some others.

Has anyone tried them?
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets training videos and the 70-290 Transcender test were my primary study guides, and I used O'Reilly's MCSE Core Exams in a Nutshell for review with the Transcender questions I had problems with. The MS Press book is also good if you need a detailed guide.

Be sure that you know WSUS since Transcender still has questions regarding SUS.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I found the cbt nuggets video's to be really helpful and a good way to learn. I also used the MS press book, Self Test practice tests and the exam cram 2 book.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Thanks for your replies. CBT Nuggets it is.