Options

Passed 70-620 Today ;)

PoomonsterPoomonster Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
New to this certification thing.
Took the 70-620 exam this morning and passed with 815. :D No sims, mostly multi-choice and a few 'click-on-the-right-place' questions. A lot of advanced firewall and wireless networking questions.
Did the 5115A & 5116A courses a month ago at a local training centre. What a waste of time. Was more like a salesman trying to sell the good points of Vista than actually teaching you how to use it. Are all MS courses like that?
Used the MS Press book, uCertify exams & virtual pc Vista Ultimate running image.
Did anyone else get annoyed with the misprints and wrong info in the MS Press book. Test questions saying the wrong answers were right! Nothing about Bitlocker in the book.
Only studied for 1 month but managed to get through. Would definately recommend more hands on first.

Gonna have a weekend off then onto 70-290 (starting the MCSE). Heard the 70-291 is a tough one and also 70-236 (doing it as an elective)

Anyway, rant over.
Within every belief there is a lie.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass. I went through a couple of online courses that I got free with my Technet subscription, and they seemed to hold my hand a bit more than I would have preferred.

The misprints and typos are annoying, but when you have a hunch and go look it up, you just learn it that much better, right? icon_confused.gif

If you didn't know, most books have errata pages with corrections. I believe this is the one for the book you used: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941753/en-us