SBS 2k3 network printer issue!

boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
I haven't been on in a while, so I thought I would log on and see if someone can shoot me some ideas on an issue I am having.

Scenario:
One SBS2k3 Domain controller
Five Clients(xp pro)
Couple local printers
Two network printers(only one connected)

Here is the problem.

I have the drivers installed for both network printers, but I can't install either printer. I can successfully ping the ip address of the printer but you can't find it in AD. I can't add it in AD because it tells me to use the printer wizard. I can't rap my head around it and it seems to be so simple but yet driving me crazy. No matter the path I follow in the wizard I can't find the printer but how can you when it is searching AD and it isn't in there. Any ideas or has anyone run into this before?

Regards,

:D

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are setting this up as a Printer to be shared across the network, you need to select "local printer" and deselect the auto detect option on the SBS server, then "Create new port", then "Standard TCP/IP port". You should be able to go from there by entering the IP address and finally the name by which you want to share the printer.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    Thanks for the quick reply and I got it figured out anyways! Don't you love days when you can't see past your nose. Maybe, it's this headache I got...I am gonna take a goody powder...

Thanks again..
    :D