Options

odd clip art problem

rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
Hi everyone,

At work I have been having a strange clipart issue. When in Word the customers search for clipart and Inc net based pictures from Microsoft. They all appear in the left hand column however when clicking on any of the ones with the little globs in the corner (they symbol they are from the net) instead of the picture appearing in the word doc the file name appears e.g. 01212121.png. I have tried checking which program opens that file, reinstalling picture and fax viewer, repair detect on office and a reinstall from the add/remove > change option. Any idea guys? It seems to be on all machines since a migration from GroupWise to Outlook took place.

Windows XP and 2k machines and office 2003 machines effected so far.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does the same thing happen if they have admin rights? There is a registry setting you can modify if it works as an admin but not as a user. I'll find it for you if you can confirm that it works if they are given admin rights.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    I am 95% sure he has admin rights, i.e. his name was in the local admin group, the only thing that makes me doubt is his name is a very popular name so they may be 2 or 3 with same name as we have over 6000 users on the network etc. This is something I will certainly confirm tomorrow. Thank you for your reply.