Options

Passed 70-291 - 780 points

cbriantcbriant Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just about managed to kill the beast today on my first attempt. It was a difficult strugle, but managed to slay it with a score of 780. Not a great score I admit, but to be honest I really don't care because it's a pass.

The weapons I used to kill it were:

Transcender
Self Test Software
Career Academy Training Videos
Exam Cram (Only usefull for the practice exams)
The Internet (Best site for information on protocols and server 2003 features = wikipedia)
Readiness Review Suite (Objective reviews are best for this exam)
MS Press Book (Only really for reference)
One week of annual leave dedicated to studying the above materials

I had 46 questions and 3.5 hours to answer them all. Three of the questions were sims. There was a lot of questions on security and WSUS, not many questions on routing and remote access, but this was also my weakest area. The other areas seemed to be evenly balanced.

I would say that the questions were similar to the Transcender questions, but more evenly balanced. In that there was a mixture of easy and hard questions whereas the Transcender questions seem to be at the same level as the harder questions from the real test.

My advice would be to not worry too much about this test as it isn't as hard as people make out. So long as you take the time to fully understand every question in Transcender, then you should be well prepared for this test. I actually scored higher on this one than I did on 70-270 which I really struggled to finish on time. The time limit for 70-291 is much longer so I would recommend using every minute and take your time when answering each question.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cbriant wrote:
    I would say that the questions were similar to the Transcender questions, but more evenly balanced. In that there was a mixture of easy and hard questions whereas the Transcender questions seem to be at the same level as the harder questions from the real test.

Great! I love practicing with harder questions. Did you go through all the flash cards too? I always make a good effort at the start, but they usually fall by the wayside.

Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif

You need to update your certs in your profile. Where are you at? What are you going for?
  • Options
    cbriantcbriant Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went through most of the flash cards, casually during lunch breaks. They're good for getting you to research the subject areas, but i'd recommend the core questions overall.