Options

SUS question: download selected updates

rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
Hi all,

is it possible to download by a SUS Server only selected updates from the Microsoft Windows Update Servers?
I have tried but can't find an option that allow to do that, for example only updates for Windows XP Professional after the sp2 ....
Pork 3
Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.

Comments

• Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    You can filter by products like Windows XP and only allow it to detect Windows XP. That way it won't even worry about downloading Windows 2000 Pro updates or any other MS products you don't want WSUS to get updates for. I don't have WSUS in front of me, and I haven't been in it for a while since I no longer manage it due to junior admins taking care of it. I know it is somewhere in the sync settings or something in WSUS 2.0, and I'm unsure about WSUS 3.0 as it's a different GUI.

EDIT: Products and Classifications is the category to go under within WSUS 3.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    I can't think I'm handling a very old version of WSUS (1.0....) because I found much information on this file: SUS10SP1 and that capability is absolutely lacking.
    Now I'm downloading WSUS v3...
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Alright. I was used to WSUS 2.0, and WSUS 3.0 was just recently released. Have fun with it.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)