CiscoPress: CCNA Guides or Library?

yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm getting ready to purchase the CiscoPress book, to read when I finish with the Sybex book, and I have a few questions.

1. Is buying the Library the same as buying both Guide books?

2. Do I need to read the first guide book, or will just the second book suffice?

3. The price difference between one guide book and the library is so minor. If they are the same, does it just come down to whether someone going for the CCNA would want one heavy book or two lighter books?

Thanks in advance!
Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The exam certification library includes the INCD1 and ICND2 books. If you only buy the ICND2 book you may get by as long as you are already familliar with all the topics from the ICND1. Personally I wouldn't risk missing something so I'd just get them both.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I agree with networker050184.

I have the Library. The books also include a DVD with Wendell Odom doing some demo moves required for configuring devices. Also, a CD is included with each which has a copy of the book on it so that you can read the book via your PC or laptop. There are supposed to be some practice exams on that CD, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm just confused why the price of the book isn't the same as Guide #1 + Guide #2. Not that I'm complaining :) It's a great value I guess!
    Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I think it's a bargain too. You get a couple of books with approx 600 pages each, and 2 CDs and 2 DVDs with useful info.

I noticed your signature! I agree. The Cisco devices can be addicting, but every device is an education in itself, and that's important.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ...just buy it before they change their minds icon_lol.gif
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!