BSCI Today...

remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
Here goes...taking the BSCI today at 1. It was not too smart to take it the week of finals, but whatever.

Comments

• LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep ya head up! Good luck man!
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Good Luck! Let us know how it goes, I may try to take it this week as well. icon_confused.gif
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Let us know how it goes and what you used to study
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Good luck and breathe!!Take your time, no big deal
  • remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed with a 904...I started doubting myself part of the way through, but it seems I knew my stuff.

To study I utilized:
    -Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 3rd Edition
    -Along with the CCNP BSCI Cisco Network Academy coursework
    - BSCI CBT Nuggets for further understanding
    -On top of all this I was taking a course at my college which basically compromised all of these resources along with some great powerlabs.
  • StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    tell us more about those powerlabs ryan!
    Hey buddy...you passed too today. The difference between you and I is that I went down the street to take it, and you went two hours away in CT. :)
  • StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    yea well worth it though. gratz to both of us! yayyyy
    BCMSN next....just have to review some more content and watch the CBT Nuggets for a brush up. It looks like BCMSN will not be attempted till January. Holiday season is rough. I will be starting the ICSW and ONT material during my winter break, then I start a CCIE independent study course with Mike aka Stotic and a few other fellows. If all goes well, we will be learning a ton of information up until mid May. I may work back on my CCSP since I took a course for the SNRS and SND last spring. Or IF I am ready maybe a written exam for the CCIE. It all depends...By the time I start my new job in July, I will hopefully have my CCNP.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great work, good luck with BCMSN :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    remerolle wrote:
    you passed too today
    So that means we have 2 congratulations to do, right?

Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Sounds like you guys have A PLAN! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Yea, it helps when you have a great professor helping to push you and giving you access various lab environments and remote racks.

The courses offered are:
    Wireless Networking (CWLF & some of CWLAT content)
    Internet Security (CCSP focused)
    Internetworking I (CCNA focused along with some BCMSN)
    Internetworking II (BSCI & rest of BCMSN focused)
    or the CCIE Independent study (CCIE R&S)

With each course we are basically getting credits for taking Cisco NetAcademyclasses (usually two a actual college course) while also being supplemented with weekly lab scenarios. Furthermore, at the end of each course there is a huge networking manual with topologies, configurations, and explanations that we have to design to be graded by the professor. Besides the NetAcademy finals, we complete a comprehensive final practical which takes into account everything we learned through the class in a timed (a small CCIEish lab scenario). The Internetworking I practical is about an hour whereas the other practicals are at 3-6 hours long.

I recommend the college's curriculum to anyone! BTW...its the Marist College ITS major with an IT concentration. The IS concentration is more project management based, I figured to go for the IS minor just to get that experience as well.