Options

woah, whats up with this problem? please...

hugoluckyhugolucky Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
this is weird to me, some advice would be nice please

the issue....

1. I restored my winxp pro test pc all nice, its ready to be imaged, everything is sweet

2. I used BartPE to try to create an image of C:\ using the DriveImage XML plugin, but i got a CRC read error from DriveImage while creating the image

3. So I install DriveImage XML on the PC, and create the image within windows, i save the image on another volume, the app does its thing, i click finish, everything seems fine
4. I reboot, and the system halts with a DISK BOOT FAILURE error, right after trying to verify DMI pool data

5. I go into setup, drive C: which is a 40 GB drive now reports as 136 GB, nothing ive tried in setup can make it report correctly, ive reset the global default settings, ive tried redetecting the drive, ive yanked the battery, ive checked my connections, tried another cable

things point to the imaging process as somehow being the culprit, maybe its just coincidence it happened right after creating the image but my guess is no, I gotta admit im at a loss here, anyone got any input on what may have happened and how to fix if possible

if not then ill just have another beer, no big deal, hey... thats why its called a test pc :)

thanks for ur time!

Comments