Options

Finally I hit the light at the end of the tunnel

shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
Well this has been a long long wait but I finally received an offer today from Bayer

to give you a little background I have been working for a pretty horrible company for the past year and have been dying to move up to a better place.....now don't get me wrong when i say horrible I mean the workload compared to the pay. Well after the experience I gained there and completing my degree I finally landed a new position. Bayer has a college new hire program as an IT Analyst where you have 2 6-9 month rotations in different aspects of IT such as development, security, sap, or technical operations. This is what i worked for this past year and now I have a solid job where I'll have a $18,000 pay increase for the year...so the starting pay is nice too.

I just wanted to share that good things do come to those who wait, study hard, and gain the experience needed. This past year was hell working full time, school full time, and a family it got me down towards the end. Anyone else out there feeling like that just know things can look up, just keep on truckin!! :D:D

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Man, I'm feeling the same way. I'm so tired of school, I'm just ready to be done with it. It's hard to keep your motivation when you have a 10month old crawling around the house, work gets crazy, then you have to show up for class in the evenings. I'm close though, I can see a very faint glimmer of light starting to move in. Well timed encouragement. Best of luck with your move up.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    yea i know how you feel my son is 14 months...they only get more active :D
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Congratulations. Just be sure to keep up the hard work so you don't get complacent and keep moving upwards.

I made a comment in your other thread where you mentioned possible working for CMU about the Oakland traffic, so I guess now you get to deal with the Parkway instead!
  • Options
    Netstudent wrote:
    Man, I'm feeling the same way. I'm so tired of school, I'm just ready to be done with it. It's hard to keep your motivation when you have a 10month old crawling around the house, work gets crazy, then you have to show up for class in the evenings. I'm close though, I can see a very faint glimmer of light starting to move in. Well timed encouragement. Best of luck with your move up.

When are you done? my last 2 semesters were complete hell and i managed to study for my ccna and 70-270 in there too. So don't get down it's all worth it if I hadn't gotten my BS I would be stuck at the job I have now and bayer wouldn't have given me the offer
    Schluep wrote:
    Congratulations. Just be sure to keep up the hard work so you don't get complacent and keep moving upwards.

I made a comment in your other thread where you mentioned possible working for CMU about the Oakland traffic, so I guess now you get to deal with the Parkway instead!

Hah yea you can't win in this city for traffic...but I'm lucky i can take back roads and it will only take me about 15-20 mins.
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    I live North of the city (Hampton Township area) near the Butler Valley Turnpike Exit on Route 8. There would be no avoiding the Parkway or Route 28 if I worked there.
  • Options
    Ouch 28 is even worse...i used to live in Wexford so i feel the pain
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Congrats !
    Its nice to see hard work is paying
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    nice.

i havn't even found the tunnel yet icon_sad.gif
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    I was very fortunate to have completed my first degree just before my first kid arrived, and not to have started my second degree until all of my kids were out of my house. Having a kid does change your world, and your world changes again when they start walking.

To the rest of you: Get that degree while you are still a young, unencumbered, unattached, ne're-do-well!! :)
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shednik wrote:
    Netstudent wrote:

When are you done? my last 2 semesters were complete hell and i managed to study for my ccna and 70-270 in there too. So don't get down it's all worth it if I hadn't gotten my BS I would be stuck at the job I have now and bayer wouldn't have given me the offer
    Schluep wrote:

Hah yea you can't win in this city for traffic...but I'm lucky i can take back roads and it will only take me about 15-20 mins.

I finish in August. I just have to get through the winter and spring, and then pray to god to get me through the Summer. BUt its not up to God, it's up to me so.....

Man I can onyl imagine the day when I walk across that stage again for the last time. It will be like a million pounds lifted off my shoulders.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    Well this has been awhile but I finally had my first day @ Bayer...my first rotation is a part of the network operations team where they team monitors the entire North American network....a lot of my job will be using their network monitoring software called GAPS(can't remember what it stands for at the moment) and analyze any bandwidth issues using this application, unfortunately on this team I won't get to actually config router/switches only be able to use the device to troubleshoot...but its a start and I'm happy with that....I'll let you know how thing progress I never knew how many sites there were for Bayer in just North America alone....
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    nice.

i havn't even found the tunnel yet icon_sad.gif

You and me both.

Grats though... glad to hear it paid off for ya!
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus