Options

please help me

anpuanpu Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi all,
I have to retake the ccna exam . Now that I want to prepare for the 640-801, which is the best book? I already have Todd lammles third edition. Is it very necessary to get the fourth edition or can I prepare from the third editiion itself? Please let me know how much time will it take me to prepare as I have already taken the test twice without success. Somehow I have lost my confidence. Can someone please let me know how much time should I study in a day.
I will be highly grateful if someone can suggest me and also how to go for the labs?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Please do not post a new thread when you don't get an answer. If it takes too long and you think you 'should' get an answer, just reply to the original post, so it will be back on top... in case we missed it. I removed the other two threads.

I usually leave book suggestions up to people that recently took the exam. And I think nobody is answering your post because the answer are in several recent posts in this forum.

If you alredy failed twice, I suggest you buy a more up to date book, and not the same you already have. I hear a lot of good things about the CCNA book of Wendell Odom (Cisco Press).
    Can someone please let me know how much time should I study in a day.
    This differs a lot per person. I would say at least 1 hour per day, if you can make it 4 or 5 per day that would be excellent. I always try to 'read' a chapter in one day, and 'study' that chapter 1, 2 or 3 days after that.

It's more important to study often than long.
    I will be highly grateful if someone can suggest me and also how to go for the labs?
    Please read some of the older posts, there are many tips in it. If you have any questions after that, don't hesitate to ask. (don't ask about 'what' exactly is on the sims')
  • Options
    anpuanpu Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks a lot for helpng. I wil act upon your advice.
    anpu