Options

Transcender 50%

itprojohnnyking2007grditprojohnnyking2007grd Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been using Transcender for practice tests on the MCDST and it seems each time I get about 48 to 50% with out studying a thing. I am having a hard time with my lowest percentages was 11% that was managing and troubleshooting access to resources and the network that was 44% any one have any good material that I can buy that would help. The others were above 50%
Thank You
:D
Working on MCDST

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Microsoft Press books are supposed to be good:

icon_arrow.gifMCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-271)

icon_arrow.gifMCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-272)

And if you have enough money you can try the CBT Nugget videos:

icon_arrow.gifMCDST: Exam-Pack 70-271

icon_arrow.gifMCDST: Exam Pack 70-272
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I plan to sit for the MCDST in late Jan, and just picked up the Trancenders.

I know THEY want you to have over 90% for the guarantee, but in you guys' experience, how well have you done on the Tranceders VS the actual test?
  • Options
    lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I took the 70-271 & 70-272 tests I was getting 95%-100% on the transcenders. I scored 863 & 899 respectively. I used CBT Nuggets to get the foundational knowledge and then just used the Transcenders to test myself. I suggest you take the tests within 2 weeks of each other because there were similar questions on both exams. Good luck!

iNSOMNiA
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Hey, I take the test in 2 weeks 271. I have used transcenders to start with to see my major areas of work. I score around 50-60% on all sections without studying. I am going through the workbook as well and will go back and redo the transcenders after.

Someone who has taken the test. Do you think that would be enough if i go back and get nearly 100% on the transcenders.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It depends on how you get 100%. If you're simply memorizing which answer goes with which question, the resulting percentage will be meaningless.

I don't use Transcender to accurately gauge my test score. Rather, I beat it to death and go through it until I consistently get 100%. However, I force myself to answer exactly why each option is or isn't correct. If I can't, I intentionally choose a wrong answer. This forces me to genuinely learn the material as opposed to just passing an exam. I've had great success using this method.
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Yea that's excatly what I do. But on the actual test I wont find many obscure questions that transcender didnt cover in some way?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The exam questions are really going to test your ability to think critically as well as your knowledge of the material. The questions are very rarely some specific piece of trivia, such as "What is the minimum about of RAM required for Windows XP?." Most often, you will be given some sort of scenario and you will have to deduce what they are really looking for. You will undoubtedly get a few obscure questions, but if you take your time and really pick them apart, you should be able to figure out the solution. I think Transcender really helps you get accustomed to the format of the questions on the MS exam. And remember, Transcender is really just a way to hone your skills. It's not going to be a substitute for books, CBT, instructional training, etc. If you've put a good amount of effort into your study materials, as well as working through Transcender, you should be fine.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    It depends on how you get 100%. If you're simply memorizing which answer goes with which question, the resulting percentage will be meaningless.

I don't use Transcender to accurately gauge my test score. Rather, I beat it to death and go through it until I consistently get 100%. However, I force myself to answer exactly why each option is or isn't correct. If I can't, I intentionally choose a wrong answer. This forces me to genuinely learn the material as opposed to just passing an exam. I've had great success using this method.

me too...this method worked well for me with 270...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security