MCSA question

I have a question about obtaining my MCSA. First of all, I am in college and have obtained my Network+ and A+ certs. I have also passed my 70-270, 290, and 291 exams. If I take the 70-293 exam, will that count as my elective for my MCSA(My professor said it would) I have also seen that I can use my A+ and Network+ certs towards my MCSA.

Does it look any better if I go either way? I do plan to get my MCSE fairly soon.
Taking 70-294 very soon...again

Comments

• tampabayboytampabayboy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, you're already an MCSA! icon_eek.gif

Core exams (three exams required)
    70-290, 70-291, 70-270

Elective exams (one exam required)
    Network+ AND A+

Call Microsoft and have them verify your CompTIA certs and you should be good to go.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Call Microsoft and have them verify your CompTIA certs and you should be good to go.

http://certification.comptia.org/mcsa/default.aspx
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Also, remember that while the Network+ and A+ count as an elective for your MCSA, they will not count towards your MCSE. It might be time to tack on that Security+ ;)
  • TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Thanks for the help. I am taking the Linux+ cert this spring and will be taking the Security+ this next fall. I am currently studying to sit for the 70-293. So I should be 2 exams away from the MCSE after I complete the above. Yay, I'm MCSA certified :D
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • ddogg10000ddogg10000 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know this may be off subject or dumb question, but is it worth taking the windows 2000 cert??
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ddogg10000 wrote:
    I know this may be off subject or dumb question, but is it worth taking the windows 2000 cert??

It might be if you're in an environment that uses it a lot. If you're going to do it, you better hurry. They're discontinued at the end of March: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx