Options

Net+ Flash Cards

LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone know where you can buy/download Network+ Flash Cards? I saw one at a bookstore, but its sold as a kit, with the book I already have. No thanks. I know I can write my own, but Im not really up to going back and forth from the book to glossary then researching it again if this has already been done

I was at the bookstore and checked out some books with just questions. But unlike your typical book that says "that answer was wrong, the answer is C", it actually explains WHY that question was wrong so you dont dig through your book trying to find where the exact paragraph is related to the question (books that refer to sections ftw). Anyone remember which book this was? Was a Net+ book. Nothing but questions, and answers, and reasons why the other options were not right, or not the best answer.

any help is greatly appreciated

currently pg 172/450 Sybex Net+ 2005, round 2.
CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
Microsoft: MCSA 2003

Comments

• Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Lamini wrote:
    Anyone know where you can buy/download Network+ Flash Cards? I saw one at a bookstore, but its sold as a kit, with the book I already have. No thanks. I know I can write my own, but Im not really up to going back and forth from the book to glossary then researching it again if this has already been done

I was at the bookstore and checked out some books with just questions. But unlike your typical book that says "that answer was wrong, the answer is C", it actually explains WHY that question was wrong so you dont dig through your book trying to find where the exact paragraph is related to the question (books that refer to sections ftw). Anyone remember which book this was? Was a Net+ book. Nothing but questions, and answers, and reasons why the other options were not right, or not the best answer.

any help is greatly appreciated

currently pg 172/450 Sybex Net+ 2005, round 2.

I bought the sybex book in 2005 and it had a CD with flash cards if you didn't receive the CD try contacting Sybex.. if you can show proof of purchase they might hook you up

might also check to see if you enter the ISBN number for your nook on sybex's site if they have resources there fro you
  • Options
    freetechfreetech Member Posts: 154
    For my two cents, you gain a lot by writing your own flash cards. It can be tedious, but we learn more from writing, then reading, then repeating material.
    It's your call, obviously, but it works for some.
    Experience is a harsh teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
  • Options
    LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    booooicon_rolleyes.gif . that blows. i spent couple hours looking for that CD already ehehe. its too bad i just started backing up EVERYTHING last year.

========
    Wiley has recently acquired Sybex. In order to service your request, we require additional information for you to receive replacement media. If you have purchased a Sybex product within the past 90 days, please fax a copy of the following materials to 1-317-572-4335 or email materials to support@wiley.com

- a copy of your receipt
    - a copy of the copyright page in the front of the book
    - your complete name, mailing address, phone number with area code and email address
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • Options
    147147 Member Posts: 117
    freetech wrote:
    For my two cents, you gain a lot by writing your own flash cards. It can be tedious, but we learn more from writing, then reading, then repeating material.
    It's your call, obviously, but it works for some.

I have to agree with freetech. The sybex flashcards are a big help, but I created about 200+ of my own and I knew that material inside and out because of it. WalMart sells cards and pencils cheap, too. :D
    Fear is the absence of Faith.