Options

Happy New Year and Certification Resolutions!

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
Happy New Year when it comes around to your part of the world!

Here's to completing your New Year resolutions in 2008 whatever they are.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Same to you. I'm still following your CCIE thread, and it's great to see how you're progressing. Keep up the good work.

Good luck to everyone else in '08!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote:
    Happy New Year when it comes around to your part of the world!

Here's to completing your New Year resolutions in 2008 whatever they are.

to one and all, I wish the same!

In a nutshell my cert resolutions are as follows:

1. complete MCSA-2 left (hopefully one left after this week)
    2. Complete MCSE-4 left

I will try and finish 4-5 exams in a 12 month span. Seemed to correlate well with work and life in general last year.

I think thats enough for now :D Perhaps I might delve a bit into Cisco, but my primary focus is the MCSA/E.

happy new years, have fun!!! drunken_smilie.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here is mine - CCNA by spring or summer of 2008. MCITP:Server Administrator/Enterprise Administrator by the end of the year. Server+ sometime in 2008 if I can ever get around to it.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    My resolutions go something along the lines of the following:

I'm pushing to finish my MCSE by March, (just in time for the Windows Server 2008 launch event in San Francisco). I'm gearing up to take 70-293 pretty soon, here, then I'm going to pack in as much studying as possible to get 70-294 under my belt. I need to do 70-298 as well, but I'm not particularly worried, as I did a Transcender test on the material and scored above 80% without studying. I figure, I'll plan on doing 70-293 in mid-January, use the remainder of the month and all of February for 70-294, then plan on doing 70-298 sometime in March.

After the MCSE, I'm definitely preparing to do the upgrade-path to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator. That should give me plenty of things to work on for 2008, but if I should finish the MCITP before the end of the year I'm looking to start on the CCNP-path. (Probably won't get too far inside of the year, but I'd like to at least pick up the study guides and begin on either BSCI or BCMSN studying.)

In non-certification news, I'm probably going to finish up my A.S. degree(s) this year, I'm hoping to knock out the two classes I have left to finally be done. I'm looking at getting a Computer Information Systems degree in Networking Technologies (primarily focusing on MCSE-related courses, as well as some A+ and Network+ type of stuff,) and I also qualify for a CIS degree in Microcomputer Programming, which focuses on web development and application programming, (things like doing VBA programming in Access and Excel, Visual Basic/C# programming, and XML programming). Ironically, the classes I have to take are an English class and a humanities class, both of which I've been putting off doing for the past two years.

2008 is going to be a year where I wrap up a lot of unfinished projects. I've been meaning to polish off the MCSE since mid-2006, I've been keeping my A.S. degree(s) in a holding-pattern for a few years now too, and I've been really slacking on any and all coding/web development. Putting the classes I've been meaning to take and the certifications I've left unfinished behind me, will mean I'll have a much cleaner slate to go into 2009 with, which is when I'm tenatively planning on hitting the books for my primary degree-related goal, which is to get crankin' on a transfer to UC Berkeley and work towards a graduate degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. Here's to hoping all good plans carry through, for me as well as everyone else out there.

Happy New Year!

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Happy 11111011000 (Didn't **** - did it by hand :P )

Hoping to have BSCI done in the next month to two months. Hope to have CCNP and CCDP done in 08.

Good luck guys.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Happy New Year... Certification is on hold, too much work and looking forward to start a MBA this year.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Happy new year all! icon_cheers.gif

I hope this year will bring you all more knowledge and may it lead to the job (and salary ;)) you always wanted.

For us this year will start with some down time of TechExams.net very soon to push through a major upgrade of the forums which in turn will form the backend for several other new features.

Johan