Options

880 on the 70-291

DMinDMin Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
After a couple months of preparation, I finally took the dive in this morning and finished the 70-291. I did better than I thought I would, but I think that's because I had developed a healthy respect for this exam after reading so many testimonials on it here.

Thanks to everyone who has posted information here - I've only been lurking, but the information I found was extremely useful, particularly the resources link and the general consensus to invest in Transcender.

As far as the exam itself, I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said by others here, but I'd recommend at least a passing familiarity with both ISA and IIS before taking the exam. I also suspect that one of my WSUS questions related specifically to WSUS 3.0 (I only recognized it because we use 3.0 where I work), but I want to do more research to confirm before I raise any alarms. :P

I'm off to take a study break for awhile, then I'm ramping up for the 70-293 next!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations on the great score!

Thanks for the WSUS 3.0 heads-up. I'll run through the documentation quick just in case.

Good luck with 293!
  • Options
    I double-checked the material, and as it turns out the question is probably applicable to 2.0 and 3.0. I don't want to say much more than that...but I will add to make sure you understand how computer groups work in WSUS. I haven't seen a lot of study material cover this.
  • Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Good job and good luck with 293! I envy you, I can't wait to get this 291 out of the way
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats and good luck with 293!!
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Very nice score! Thanks for the heads up on the WSUS questions as I am helping some prospective MCSAs study for the first three exams.
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats and good score! icon_thumright.gif

Hope to see you in the 293 forums :)
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DMin wrote:
    After a couple months of preparation, I finally took the dive in this morning and finished the 70-291. I did better than I thought I would, but I think that's because I had developed a healthy respect for this exam after reading so many testimonials on it here.

Thanks to everyone who has posted information here - I've only been lurking, but the information I found was extremely useful, particularly the resources link and the general consensus to invest in Transcender.

As far as the exam itself, I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said by others here, but I'd recommend at least a passing familiarity with both ISA and IIS before taking the exam. I also suspect that one of my WSUS questions related specifically to WSUS 3.0 (I only recognized it because we use 3.0 where I work), but I want to do more research to confirm before I raise any alarms. :P

I'm off to take a study break for awhile, then I'm ramping up for the 70-293 next!

Congratulation on your pass!

I noticed that you are a MCTS SQL 2005 what did you use to study this?
  • Options
    jbaello wrote:

I noticed that you are a MCTS SQL 2005 what did you use to study this?

Yep, I took that exam before I learned about this website. I used the MS Press book, a test simulation software that is apparently either considered a competing product or a braindump because it's name was filtered when I previewed my message (and if it's a braindump, it's got to be the worst product out there) and set up labs using VMWare. Overall, I don't recommend the MS Press book or the test simulation software. Both were pretty out of sync with the actual material covered on the exam, though the MS Press book still has good info in it. I barely passed with a 700, and I probably wouldn't have managed that if I weren't working a little bit with SQL Server 2005 on the job as well. It's a tough exam.