Sitting for the Exam tomorrow

njcowboynjcowboy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have over 45 hours of studying in with Testout material as well as some hands-on with linux.

I hope the test is easier than what some of the other forums have to say about it.

I don't think it is right that you need to memorize command line switches and case sensitivity when Linux pushes --help, man and info pages all the time.

I finished my ccna a few months back and used this as a break from the hard stuff, but it didn't seem like much of a break.

Comments

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the exam!

I'm not familiar with Linux+, but I am familiar with Linux. It's important to know at least basic options for commands (ls, grep, find, tar, cp, rpm,....). While it's nice to have man pages and --help, you also don't want to be fumbling around every time you need to do something.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Just work down the list of exam objectives and you will be golden. Don't trust Testout to be the 'end-all, be-all'. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • njcowboynjcowboy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just work down the list of exam objectives and you will be golden. Don't trust Testout to be the 'end-all, be-all'. icon_cool.gif
    Have you used their software?

I am reading through techexam's technotes and they are very close inline with the testout objectives. I hope they are right.

I looked at MCMSCE.xxx and there questions were pretty close as well, but more challenging with the multiple choice of select all that apply type questions. I would get 2 out of 3 variations right, but still get the answer wrong

I sit in less than 12 hours. God I hope that testout is right
  • njcowboynjcowboy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed the exam today. Barely, but I passed.
    The exam was similar to the testout material but went a little more indepth.

I think if I did more hands-on, I would have done much better.

While you have to be familiar with services and where the conf files are, I would also be familiar with the content of the conf files.
  • eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    congrats!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations and thanks for the feedback. I'm going to be taking this sometime later this year to break up my MS studies a bit.