Options

Info on CBT nuggets

CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
I admit that I've heard a lot about the CBT nuggets, but I don't really know anything about it. Can someone tell me what it has to offer? I keep hearing good things about it.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just go to the "free videos" tab at the top and choose any of the Cisco (or whatever you're interested in) videos to see some samples. They provide a sample for many different topics.

They're essentially just video training. Most of the MS products contain over 20 videos that typically range from about 30-45 minutes. The entire series is usually 13-14 hours. The instructors in the ones I've seen have a pretty good sense of humor, and you'll probably laugh a few times as you make your way through the series. It's not as in-depth as a written resource, but it provides a good overview, and you'll still pick up on some interesting tips and tricks along the way. It's a great way to break up all that reading as well.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    They are not bad. I use them as an 'intro' to an exam, as the don't cover nearly enough, but are a good 10hr flyby over all the topics, so when you go to read them in books later, they are kind of already introduced.

The CCNP videos are good, and I like the instructor. Again, the only complaint I have is they don't cover in-depth enough some times, especially for the price. But they are a nice break from falling asleep in a book.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    GT-Rob wrote:
    They are not bad. I use them as an 'intro' to an exam, as the don't cover nearly enough, but are a good 10hr flyby over all the topics, so when you go to read them in books later, they are kind of already introduced.

The CCNP videos are good, and I like the instructor. Again, the only complaint I have is they don't cover in-depth enough some times, especially for the price. But they are a nice break from falling asleep in a book.

+1

I think they are great introduction and good to watch when you can't get into the book.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.