Options

Cisco asa

j938j938 Member Posts: 101
Anyone know why when you configure NAT for RDC why it would not work.

-- using the Cisco ASDM software to configure it.
-- private x.x.x.x public z.z.z.z

target computer has RDC enable on there was well.
target computer - server 2003

let me know if theres something I am missing. cant find any useful info in the cisco guide that lets me know. thanks
Growth is limited.

Comments

• Options
    though I would explain this better to see if I can get some help

I have a NAT rule for a server that we are using mapping the external to the internal address. I need a vendor to be able to access the Server using the external IP.
    Growth is limited.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    so you're looking for something like:

static (inside, outside) tcp 130.1.1.1 3389 10.1.1.1 3389 netmask 255.255.255.255

then don't forget you to allow 3389 to the outside interface in you ACL
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    dtlokee wrote:
    so you're looking for something like:

static (inside, outside) tcp 130.1.1.1 3389 10.1.1.1 3389 netmask 255.255.255.255

then don't forget you to allow 3389 to the outside interface in you ACL

Thanks dtlokee after google yesterday and today I finally find that I need to setup a access rule because I guess the security applaince by default denies all traffic coming in from the public...

Also looks like you have to set in access rule list who can access the public ip you set so if you dont choose any you need to know the ip of that other party that needs to connect.

seems like a lot of information you have to input..

but I guess this is normal im not cisco certified so I woulnt know im just learning on the fly until we get a cisco expert hired.

although ive had a cisco course about yr half ago but never got any practice until now so its interesting.
    Thanks
    Growth is limited.