Options

passed

fugi1fugi1 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
passed today with a score of 920. Finally i'm MCSA but probably it won't make too much of a difference in getting a job i'm desperately looking for. I think i'm gonna have to resolve to desperate measures and put a little white lie on my cv just so i can get an interview, everybody does it anyway. I don't know what it's like in the US but getting a job in computers in the UK is almost impossible without experience

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats on the pass, the great score and the MCSA cert! :D
  • Options
    fugi1fugi1 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thankyou. I'm quite surprised how much easier it's getting now, preparing for my first mcp was really tough, the 270 was a horrible exam, but now everything is sinking in and without being arrogant i feel that getting the last 4 mcp's will be a breeze
  • Options
    icarusicarus Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    do these certs expire?

Oh yeah....congrats

icarus
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the MCSA!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Congrats on your pass
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icarus wrote:
    do these certs expire?

Oh yeah....congrats

icarus

Currently, MS is not expiring certs. The exams will retire eventually, but the cert will still be valid.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats :D
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Well Done!
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats on the new cert, and good luck with the last 4.
  • Options
    adamdrayeradamdrayer Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The certifications won't expire, but they will become less and less meaningful as the years go on. Always keep yourself upgraded to the newest platforms

As for experience... Getting a job SHOULD be very hard without experience. I could go on for pages and pages why. IT may be considered a profession, but it's really a trade. To properly run a network, you have to be prepared for the unexpected. You cannot run a network successfully on your first time without help. No way. You need colleagues, resources, experience, training, and management skills.

Microsoft certifications should not entitle you to find a job managing a windows network. What they should do, is encourage seasoned IT professionals to demonstrate their skills and brush up on topics they are weak in.

I would suggest looking for a jr. admin position myself.