Options

Sec+ study material from CompTIA

Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
Does anyone have experience using the Security+ study guide from the CompTIA website? It can be purchased along with a voucher for an additional $50 or so, and it includes study material and some sample questions. It seems like a good idea to me, but I'm curious to know if anyone here has actually used it as part of their studying materials.

Heard anything about it? What are your thoughts on it as a product? Was it helpful to you?

Comments

• Options
    jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    I am using it as a part of my studying right now. I hate trying to memorize things like the Comptia test try to force you into. I think the CBT Nugget security + guide lets you just relax and learn by example the definitions of the terms. I have not taken the test yet so I don't know if the CBT Nugget will help with the test questions, but It shouldn't hurt.
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This guide: http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4350 was the single most important resource I had for the Security+. You can purchase the PDF directly from them for a fairly low price. The Security+ CBT Nuggets were a good resource as well (but they are a bit pricey).
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the Syngress guide as well when I took Sec+ and it was good for the exam. In my opinion an extra $50 for the CompTIA guide is not all that good of a deal. But it probably would be good for the exam since it is published by CompTIA themselves.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    Thanks for the info. Others are also welcome to share input.