restricting navigation in Office open/save dialog

hugoluckyhugolucky Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Is there a way to restrict navigation in the 'open/save as' dialog box in Office 2003 giving the user the option to navigate their home folder and nowhere else?, i found how to disable the icons for the My Places bar in the registry, but this still leaves the toolbar up top, if anyones interested heres the location to remove the icons...........

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Open Find\Places\StandardPlaces

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Open Find\Places\UserDefinedPlaces

DWORD 'Show' = 0 to remove icon from My Places

you may need to change the version number for other Office releases, I read on a site that monkeying around to much in that part of the registry can cause instability in Office, so ur on ur own i didnt tell ya to do nothing, i know nothing...... nothing! (fat german accent) :o

anyway, heres my question.....

for users of Office logged into a domain, after changing the default file location to their home folder, is there a way to disable the toolbar at the top of the dialog box?, give em the option of navigating their home folder and thats it, maybe something can be configured in AD?, the registry?

or maybe theres a better way, i dont know... im new to user management, any ideas?.... thanks! icon_cool.gif