Options

Linux 101's

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Would anyone benefit if I started to document my adventures with Linux?

I'm thinking of basically setting up a blog and creating easy to understand procedures,

My First topics i'm thinking about posting up are

Samba for idiots
Accessing Linux from windows using SSH.
Putty for beginners
Idiots guide to CLI the basics
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    definitely...thats one of my goals this year to become better with linux :D
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kool when I get some free time I shall start putting together my blog.

I find the problem currently with the majority of Linux documentation is that you as a reader are expected to already know the ins and outs of the O/S.

So trying to get simple things done becomes a challenge usually ends in the conclusion of you ending up with less hair than you started with,

I hope to create a easy to understand user friendly set of tutorials.
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I find the problem currently with the majority of Linux documentation is that you as a reader are expected to already know the ins and outs of the O/S.

I don't know if this is really true...where are you looking for documentation? There are tons of tutorials for beginners to Linux. Sure, if you are looking for documentation on setting up firewall configuration, DNS, etc, the documentation will assume you have basic understanding. If you don't, you probably shouldn't be performing those tasks anyway.

But that is outside the original topic...

I think a set of tutorials would be helpful for other members here. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Good luck! :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)