Options

Using Wk23 server in Vmware

BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
I'm working on setting up a virtual lab in Vmware. To make sure that DNS/DHCP/etc. is correct what should the network adapter be set for? Bridged/Nat/etc.?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What are you trying to do?

Bridged bridges the connection from the VM to your network just like you could bridge another physical machine through the machine you're on now if you had two NICs in it.

NAT uses your host machine as a NAT device. Just like you're probably using a router as a NAT device to access the internet.

Unless you want them to have internet access, you'd probably best off just assigning them to the same virtual network. You'll probably run into problems testing things like DHCP if you have them connected to your existing network.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've always used NAT. That way they're all on their own private network and will get internet access through NAT if your host machine has internet access.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    royal wrote:
    I've always used NAT. That way they're all on their own private network and will get internet access through NAT if your host machine has internet access.

Excellent,

That is exactly what I am wanting to do.