Options

[b]Vista Study HELP!!![/b]

ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
I am having a hard time studying for 70-620. I took it once already and failed so I'm going for it again on Jan 25th. I am using transcender practice tests and MS training Kit but here is my delema. 1st with transcender I have found many errors in their answers (mispelling and incorrect answers) all of which have been fixed since sending them an e-mail and getting conformation from them that these were valid mistakes on their part. Second is with the MS Training kit, I have had questions with exibits that have no legimate answer in the exibit for me to choose a correct answer from the question. Here is a sample of another question that I got please tell me if I'm wrong for thinking that this is all 1 sentence:

Although you have verified that Windows Aero is functioning on a friend's computer by performing a 3D Flip,the transparent glass, menu shadows, mouse pointer shadows, and visual styles on windows and buttons features are not present on your friend's display.

Which of the following steps can you take to resolve this issue?

Is it me or should there be a period after 3D flip? it runs on and leads you to believe that all of those functions work in the beginning of the question but don't at the end? I'm sooo confused please help.

-the correct answer was:

On the Advanced tab of the systems properties dialog box, click performance and modify the settings on the visual effects tab

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can see the errata for the book here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941753/en-us

Errors and typos are frustrating, but it happens. This is especially true with first editions and new material. Just learn what they were trying to ask and what the solution should be for that situation, and you should be fine.
  • Options
    GREAT Thanks for the quick response I will take a look. I am also looking into taking a 3 day class for vista then going for it again. Again Thanks a bunch
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If it didn't start with the word "Although" it would be one sentence. Since it used the word "Although" you use a comma. It could read like this as one sentence:

You have verified that Windows Aero is functioning on a friend's computer by performing a 3D Flip.

Another way to think of it is like this:

You have verified that Windows Aero is functioning on a friend's computer by performing a 3D Flip, although the transparent glass, menu shadows, mouse pointer shadows, and visual styles on windows and buttons features are not present on your friend's display.

Not an English major, but I do remember some of that stuff. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    mattford1978mattford1978 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    buy it, do the mock questions. you will pass.
  • Options
    So I basically have to add my own words in order for the question to make sense... This is crazy it makes me second guess going forward with MS exams. I haven't had these issues with comptia but that's only from my experience. It just worries me on how am i suppose to pass when MS can't word the questions right and i can't get a correct answer that makes sense. Well enough of my sobing Thanks for the reply everyone I will just give it my all and understand that this world is perfect.