Options

what do you think about!!!!

Andrea24Andrea24 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all!
I'm studying or the exam, using the Sybex book.
In the Sybex Test engine bonus exam 2 i've found the following two question:

1. In which of the following models do two root CAs have a trust relationshop?
a. hierarchical
b. bridge
c. mesh
d. hybrid

i think the answer is b......but the test engine says d!! icon_rolleyes.gif

2. When you arrive to work on Wednesday morning, you find the web server has crashed and all signals point to it occurring around 4:00a.m. It must be restored from backups. Your system automatically performs a full backup every Saturday at 10:00p.m. and an incremental backup all other nights at 9:00p.m. How many tapes do you need to use to restore the server?
a. 2
b. 3
c. 4
d. 5

i think the answer is c but the testengine says d.

.....any opinion? thanks in advance!
AnD

Comments

• Options
    paul_cheynepaul_cheyne Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello mate.

looking at the 2nd question i would have said 4 tapes also. Only reason i can think the have 5 tapes is 2 tapes for a full back up and 1 for Sunday, 1 Monday and 1 for Tuesday. Full back ups being bigger than incremental. But the fact that it did not mention amount of tapes for each backup i would have pick 4 tapes too
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I agree as well

does the simulator offer any explanation ??

have u looked for any errata for it....or updates
  • Options
    Andrea24Andrea24 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    for the 1st question, the simulator reports:

"A hybrid is a trust relationship between two certificate hierarchies. A hybrid is often required preexisting certificate hierarchies"

for the 2nd:

"you will need to restore the full backup fron saturday , then the incremental backup from sunday, monday and tuesday evenings for a total of four tapes".
    There's obviosly a Misalignment for the 2nd answer....the correct is c but the textengine signs d.

My doubt is regards the first question!

I'm using the last Sybex Deluxe Edition (May 8, 2006).
  • Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Saturday 10:00pm (full) - 1st tape
    Sunday 9:00pm (inc) - 2nd tape
    Monday 9:00pm (inc) - 3rd tape
    Tuesday 9:00pm (inc) - 4th tape

4 tapes as Wednesday's tape hasn't recorded yet.
  • Options
    Lando56Lando56 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got mine a while back after taking a camp. I did a lot of self training and felt very strong in the area, but what was a nightmare at first was the VERY numerous errors found in many tutorials, suggested books, and example tests. I got to the point (for a bit) wondering if I knew anythang! Until I finally figured out... THEY were wrong... not me! (After all, they were the 'experts'! Why would I doubt them icon_rolleyes.gif )

Another example...I was reading a white paper from a guy that had certs longer than my forefinger in re: syn vs asyn encryption, and even he had completely reversed the definitions a number of times. I emailed him, pointing out his errors (very politely) and the very next day he emailed back thanking me for catching the mistakes and that he would correct it immediately.

As far as sample tests, you will probably find (again!) numerous errors. I got to the point checking the wrong answer, which I knew was wrong, but wanted to see what %-tile I would get for passing the test. Sheesh!

Warning! Don't accept EVERY thing as a 'fact' if you feel there is something funny going on.
    Sad... and we are paying for this nonsense!

Lando
    Lando
  • Options
    Lando56Lando56 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PS.... got an 883 when I finally got things straightened out! :D
    Lando