Options

Has anyone tried taking the 70-291 before the 70-290?

ChilleeBChilleeB Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
My study partner and I have been taking MS Cert courses at a local college. We finished our 70-270 and 70-290 classes. We took our 70-270 exams last week and passed. We are currently in the 70-291 course. I am thinking it wouldn't hurt to prepare for the 70-291 exam next, rather than 70-290. Reason being, it will still be fresh in our minds and we can continue to prepare while in the class. I just want to line everything up to our advantage for "The Beast". (Oh, by the way, we have about 7 years of IT experience each. So we're not exactly greenhorns, but probably wouldn't be considered seasoned veterans either. :) ) Am I way off-base here?

Does the 70-291 depend heavily on knowledge from 70-290 or is it like comparing apples to oranges? icon_confused.gif

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    290 is the "general" Server 2003 certification, so every exam is going to build off of that in one way or another. You're going to need to know things about users and groups, MMC consoles, etc. Since you already have a good understanding of the material in 290 as well as experience, I will agree with you and say go for 291 while the material is fresh in your mind. You should definitely run through the 290 objectives and refresh yourself on any area you think you're weak on. Good luck!
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ChilleeB wrote:
    Hi all,
    My study partner and I have been taking MS Cert courses at a local college. We finished our 70-270 and 70-290 classes. We took our 70-270 exams last week and passed. We are currently in the 70-291 course. I am thinking it wouldn't hurt to prepare for the 70-291 exam next, rather than 70-290. Reason being, it will still be fresh in our minds and we can continue to prepare while in the class. I just want to line everything up to our advantage for "The Beast". (Oh, by the way, we have about 7 years of IT experience each. So we're not exactly greenhorns, but probably wouldn't be considered seasoned veterans either. :) ) Am I way off-base here?

Does the 70-291 depend heavily on knowledge from 70-290 or is it like comparing apples to oranges? icon_confused.gif

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I did 291 first and 290 after. But i felt more comfortable with 291...because there is more networking material. I found both equally difficult but im begining to have a better understanding of MS environments, which is what its all about!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.