Another Clarification needed

KikodeKikode MemberMember Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello guys,
Well as you may guess I have rescheduled my test for this Monday because I needed a little more time to cram. So I'm still hacking away at the material. Can someone clarify If I understand this correctly? For some reason the books are confusing me.


10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255 are the Private Class A IP addresses right?

well If I get a question like this on a test and it asked me what class it is is it more of a Private class then a Class A? Cause the practice test said I was wrong when I put Class A it said it's considered a Private Class. Hope you can understand my meaning
icon_redface.gif

One other quick question.

Bridge: Connects same access protocols.
Gateway: Connects Different protocols.
Routers: Connects Different Network types.

Is that correct? My books seem to flip flop these duties around a bit just want to make sure I'm understanding that correctly. Any help would be awesome thanks.

P.S. Cross your fingers for me

Comments

  • techster79techster79 Senior Member Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kikode wrote:
    Can someone clarify If I understand this correctly? For some reason the books are confusing me.

    10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255 are the Private Class A IP addresses right?

    That is correct, a class A address is any address where the first bit is 0. The range is 1.x.x.x-127.x.x.x. 10.x.x.x is considered private, along with two other ranges:

    10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 (10/8 prefix)
    172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 (172.16/12 prefix)
    192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 (192.168/16 prefix)
    Kikode wrote:
    well If I get a question like this on a test and it asked me what class it is is it more of a Private class then a Class A? Cause the practice test said I was wrong when I put Class A it said it's considered a Private Class. Hope you can understand my meaning
    icon_redface.gif

    It is correct that 10.x.x.x is a class A, it is more correct to call it a private class A address.
    Kikode wrote:
    One other quick question.

    Bridge: Connects same access protocols.
    Gateway: Connects Different protocols.
    Routers: Connects Different Network types.

    Is that correct? My books seem to flip flop these duties around a bit just want to make sure I'm understanding that correctly. Any help would be awesome thanks.

    P.S. Cross your fingers for me

    Bridges break up collision domains, they are layer-2 devices and make forward/filter decisions based on MAC addresses.

    Gateways enable communication outside the local network and are typically routers.

    Routers work at layers 2&3 and break up broadcast domains. They can use the same protocol(Ethernet) on all interfaces or different ones on each interface. Routers are used to connect networks that could not otherwise be connected as well(such as Ethernet & Token Ring, or Ethernet & ATM/Frame Relay).

    Good luck.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • puertorico123puertorico123 Member Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i read this:
    class A 1.0.0.0 - 126.0.0.0 (16.7 millon)
    class b 128.0.0.0 - 191.255.0.0 (65 534)
    class c 192.0.0.0 - 223.255.255.0 (254)

    what is correct? for the real exam!.
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

    2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

    2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE
  • puertorico123puertorico123 Member Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what make a connection for two different network in the same place? a gateway too?
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

    2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

    2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Where's Waldo Finalist Member Posts: 629
    what make a connection for two different network in the same place? a gateway too?

    a gateway does connect 2 networks networks.
Sign In or Register to comment.