Options

ICND2 ?

TMM3TMM3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I finally passed my first Cisco test this past weekend, it was ICND1 (CCENT).
I had plenty of time to study and ended up scoring a 905 with 30 minutes left in the exam.
Not sure if thats "good" in relation to others, I just thought I would mention that since I had heard the exam was pretty time intensive and I found that I had too much time at the end and wish I had taken my time. (tip to others)

I was curious as to anybody's thoughts on the ICND2 exam? Did you find it similar as far as the time constraints in ICND1? Were there more sims? Anything to point out to one studying for it?
I guess the point of studying is simply to "know it all" so I don't think I will benefit from asking this question but it cant hurt any.

I have not taken a cert exam for a couple of years since the Net+ one, I forgot how "fun" they are =) I wish there were more sims on it though. Looking forward to the next.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing ICND1...icon_thumright.gif

Not sure about ICND2, I did the one exam, but it should be more time consuming than ICND1 because there should be a bit more, maybe a lot more config and troubleshooting questions. The ICND1 I think is more theoretical than ICND2...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

With the old exams, INTRO was the easy exam, and when you took out the overlapping topics with the ICND exam, the INTRO material was maybe only about 20% of the combined CCNA exam.

From looking at the exam blueprints, and the old ICND material that seems to have migrated into the ICND1 exam -- it looks like the ICND1 and ICND2 are more balanced. The ICND1, since it still has to lay a bunch of the ground work for ICND2, may still be the "easier exam" -- but probably not by much. So, just to be safe, kick up your study a bit more for ICND2 and you should be okay. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikej412 wrote:
    From looking at the exam blueprints, and the old ICND material that seems to have migrated into the ICND1 exam -- it looks like the ICND1 and ICND2 are more balanced.

Yea, I remember reading somewhere that the logic behind the CCENT was to give the candidate some working knowledge that could actually be used on the job. The old intro seemed to be primarily theory while the first out of these two seems to have a lot more hands-on.