Options

Transcender exam question

I have a question concerning the Transcender practice exams for the 270. Are they easier/harder than the real thing? I've seen posts concerning the Transcenders in other forums (here, I think) that mention they are actually harder than the real test.

I'm hoping this is the case, because they're frustrating the fire out of me. Whenever I get a question wrong it seems its because they word it in such a strange manner. When I read the explanations, I have to say "DUH! You should have gotten that!"

I used Transcenders for the the last exams I took (Net+ and both A+), and I was failing or borderline passing those exams prior to the real things, too.

I'm taking the exam Friday morning and I'm starting to those pre-exam jitters (which is becoming a tradition for me, I'm afraid). I feel like I fully understand about 90% of the material, but then I get a question that's worded in a way I wasn't expecting and I'm toast again.

Any thoughts?
Fear is the absence of Faith.

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The Microsoft questions are sooo long. You miss words like "not" or are mislead into thinking about a security template and the question is more about group policy. I hear transcender is right on with difficulty. I'll tell you when I get the nerve to take the 70-270. They claim the situational based tests are more accurate to the real world, but they are really testing your reading skills (or if you have ADD like myself :) )
    -Daniel
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Daniel333 wrote:
    The Microsoft questions are sooo long. You miss words like "not" or are mislead into thinking about a security template and the question is more about group policy. I hear transcender is right on with difficulty. I'll tell you when I get the nerve to take the 70-270. They claim the situational based tests are more accurate to the real world, but they are really testing your reading skills (or if you have ADD like myself :) )

+1

While I felt the Transcender practice exam for 270 was slightly harder than the test, that's the format of the test. Be sure to carefully read the question. What would normally be the best response might not be the correct response because of some other circumstance/requirement.
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    its like they also want to test your IQ icon_idea.gif
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    its like they also want to test your IQ icon_idea.gif

In a manner of speaking. They want to test your problem-solving and critical thinking abilities in addition to the technical material because you need those skills to succeed in this field. The ability to simply recall facts won't get you very far.
  • Options
    147147 Member Posts: 117
    I think from what you're all saying this test won't be as hard as I'm making it out to be. Reading comprehension isn't a problem for me, and when I'm in a testing environment where I'm not being distracted by TV in the other room, or my son banging on the door because I'm not spending enough tme with him (add that to my list of stressors icon_redface.gif ), I should be able to overcome that challenge without too much trouble.

What still has me worried, though, is when I hit a question in the practice exams that contains subjects I've never even seen before. I don't think I'll be using the Sybex books for any more MS certs. They were great for the CompTIA stuff, but I'm finding this one lacking in a lot of critical areas (for example, the book never even mentions how to interpret or respond to CA warning pop-ups in IE).
    Fear is the absence of Faith.
  • Options
    Always use more than one resource. It's unlikely even the best one will cover everything. Transcender will help fill in a few gaps as well. Their explanations are excellent, and they will refer you to other resources if you need more information. You can find all the answers you need on Microsoft's Technet. Check out the exam objectives and brush up on anything that you feel weak on.