PASSED!

hyperi0nhyperi0n Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I nailed a 920 on this test first time around today and now have my MCSA! Here's my review to help those still working on it....
I had 46 questions and 3 were sims - seems like 2-3 sims is average?
Majority of my questions were DNS, DHCP, and RRAS (in that order)

I'll just reiterate that the MS Press book is probably the single best resource for this test. If you go through this book and go through the labs and actually understand them then you should be good. That being said I also had access to Testout, CBT Nuggets, and Transcender practice exams. I skimmed through Testout just to do the sims and print out the study notes from each section to build a study guide. I went through all of the CBT Nuggets videos which were great and were a good supplement to the book. And of course the transcender practice tests were a big help and were very close to some of the real exam questions.

The biggest help for me was actually setting up different labs. I would recommend designing and building different labs to challenge yourself. Most likely something won't work on the first try and you'll get a chance to troubleshoot and fix it. That's when you really get this stuff stuck in your head.

Anyways, I'm not sure if I'm going to go straight into 293 or work on my Altiris certifications first, we'll see, just glad to be done with this one! Thanks everyone for your help in this forum!

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations on the pass and the completion of your MCSA. That's a solid score for a difficult exam icon_cool.gif

I would encourage you to go right for the 293. There is a great deal of overlap between the two, and you might as well take it down while the material is fresh in your mind. WINS, NLB/Clustering, and CAs/Certificates are the majority of the new material. Everything else is essentially 291 from a planning perspective (and it's pretty straight-forward).

I also second your recommendation for hands-on experience. Actually working through the material is a great way to make things click. This material has had the most interesting labs out of any MS exam thus far. This was especially true in the CBT Nuggets where you snag the DNS information from Yahoo. Neat!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great score!

Congrats on the MCSA, very nice indeed icon_cool.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the MCSA and thanks for the review. Reviews like this definitely help people. And btw, great score!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks