Options

BSCI Scheduled

LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ok so here goes my first attempt at the BSCI. I originally planned on Mid-Late Feb but plans have changed due to work load lately. Scheduled the exam for March 21st but that may change to the 20th. I have been a Network Admin the last 4 months with a focus on routing/switching so hopefully that helps. I am using the following:

Cisco Press books - Both Cert guide and the Self Study. Also the BSCI lab portfolio.
Chris Bryant Advantage for BSCI

Lab - 2x 2811
2x 2611XM
3x 2620
4x 2501
1x 2950
2x 2924

Hope to post a passing score in 2 months. Hopefully work doesn't interfere this time...

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck man! You may want to check out Routhing TCP/IP By Jeff Doyle and Jennifer Carroll as well
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    LOkrasa wrote:
    Ok so here goes my first attempt at the BSCI. I originally planned on Mid-Late Feb but plans have changed due to work load lately. Scheduled the exam for March 21st but that may change to the 20th. I have been a Network Admin the last 4 months with a focus on routing/switching so hopefully that helps. I am using the following:

Cisco Press books - Both Cert guide and the Self Study. Also the BSCI lab portfolio.
    Chris Bryant Advantage for BSCI

Lab - 2x 2811
    2x 2611XM
    3x 2620
    4x 2501
    1x 2950
    2x 2924

Hope to post a passing score in 2 months. Hopefully work doesn't interfere this time...

So how is Chris's guide for BSCI I'm thinkin of buying his soon...

Also best of luck on the BSCI!!!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From what I recall from various opinions, his BSCI material is pretty good but the BCMSN is not as stellar. YMMV icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.