Options

CCNA Companion Guides for CCENT and new-CCNA exams?

azakazak Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know which parts of which chapters are not relevant to the ICND1 (640-822) or IDND2 (640-816) exams. I own the CCNA 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 'Companion Guides' for version 3.1 of the Networking Academy curriculum, which prepared people for the previous CCNA exams (640-801, etc.), although I was never an Academy student. I want to leverage my investment in the books I already paid for before I shell out more money for new volumes. I assume that time spend studying ISDN or IPX will have no value for passing the exams but are there other pages, chapters, or topics I can skip. Thank you.
/s/ A. Zak

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just bounce the topics in the books off the exam topics to find out which material is tested on. It would probably be in your best interest to get some up to date material. I'd suggest the Exam Certification Guides form Cisco Press.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    azakazak Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks networker050184, but the exam topics link cited is not useful to me as it is organized very differently from the two textbooks in question. The exam topics are organized by practitioner task, e.g., 'configure, verify and troubleshoot ...' or 'identify security threats to a network ...'. The two books like most texts start with first principles or fundamentals that are prerequisites to understanding later concepts which are organized by topic, not so much by task.
    /s/ A. Zak