Options

Passed 642-812 EXAM

MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
Weeee, I PASSED got 853 score. Thanks for those who encourage me, it really really helps.
All I need to do to pass this exam is hands on experience for 5 days sitting in my room doing every scenario. I Finished in 1 hour left is 30 minutes more nothing to do I am already in number 50 question.

Perfect, STP, redundancy, VLAN.
80 in security
but very very low in wireless got 50 only anyway still pass.

It's time to get dirty with my PS3.....

Anyway, what is the best next to take is it ONT or ISCW... since switching is still fresh with me...

Comments

• Options
    remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

ONT might be easier for you to go to after BCMSN:

Describe Cisco VoIP implementations.
    * Describe the functions and operations of a VoIP network (e.g., packetization, bandwidth considerations, CAC, etc.).
    * Describe and identify basic voice components in an enterprise network (e.g. Gatekeepers, Gateways, etc.)

Describe QoS considerations.
    * Explain the necessity of QoS in converged networks (e.g., bandwidth, delay, loss, etc.).
    * Describe strategies for QoS implementations (e.g. QoS Policy, QoS Models, etc.).

Describe DiffServ QoS implementations.
    * Describe classification and marking (e.g., CoS, ToS, IP Precedence, DSCP, etc.).
    * Describe and configure NBAR for classification.
    * Explain congestion management and avoidance mechanisms (e.g., FIFO, PQ, WRR, WRED, etc.).
    * Describe traffic policing and traffic shaping (i.e., traffic conditioners).
    * Describe Control Plane Policing.
    * Describe WAN link efficiency mechanisms (e.g., Payload/Header Compression, MLP with interleaving, etc.).
    * Describe and configure QoS Pre-Classify.

Implement AutoQoS.
    * Explain the functions and operations of AutoQoS.
    * Describe the SDM QoS Wizard.
    * Configure, verify, and torubleshoot AutoQoS implementations (i.e., MQC).

Implement WLAN security and management.
    * Describe and Configure wireless security on Cisco Clients and APs (e.g., SSID, WEP, LEAP, etc.).
    * Describe basic wireless management (e.g., WLSE and WCS). Configure and verify basic WCS configuration (i.e., login, add/review controller/AP status, security, and import/review maps).
    * Describe and configure WLAN QoS.

As you can see some topic crossover is visable with AutoQoS, WLAN, & VoIP. ICSW deals more with MPLS, VPNS, basic security practices, CBAC, IPS, IDS, DSL, Cable, PPPoe, etc
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Don't spend too much time celebrating on the PS3 :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Good luck with whatever you go with next. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

geezergeezer Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations and well done too. Enjoy the PS3 you've earned it! :)

Half-way there now! :D
    I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats MAC icon_cool.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
    Thanks guy, I will start reading some ONT although I have an idea since I always watch the CBT videos. Before taking this exam I was curious about security what cisco is talking about, so what I did I tested some spoofing and it really true. I can able to poison our proxy, gateway and even send some spoof and invalid mac on all our switch cisco and non cisco, huge huge securty issues.

Cain and Abel is the soft I used to spoof...
    some unix things also for crashing the networkss..... ultimate broadcast.
    Anway, my experience in this exam is excellent although I didn't get good score or I failed many times. It does count a lot of what I have experienced.

Half way and I will start this coming monday for the ONT and do you think I can finish this easily any siggestions or comments.

Can you recommend any books I need to read.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
    Congrats! Always a nice motivational boost to see people passing the exams. :) Good luck on the next one!
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm finding that the ISCW is a better transition from the bsci/bcmsn series because the security from the ISCW is in tune with the stuff covered in the BCMSN. For someone that doesn't have a background in security it's a big help.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    besnik_85shbesnik_85sh Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    I'm finding that the ISCW is a better transition from the bsci/bcmsn series because the security from the ISCW is in tune with the stuff covered in the BCMSN. For someone that doesn't have a background in security it's a big help.

Can somebody help me with a book what book are recommended for Self study BCMSN ????????
    Beni
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Here is the recommended reading list from Cisco Press.

Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), Fourth Ed.
    CCNP BCMSN Official Exam Certification Guide, Fourth Ed.
    CCNP BCMSN Quick Reference Sheets
    CCNP BCMSN Portable Command Guide

You can find the list for all the CCNP exams as well as purchase them here.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.