Passed and Thank You!

tony1069tony1069 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been lurking in the background for some time now, Just wanted to log in and thank everyone for the tremendous help Ive gotten from these forum pages in preparing for this exam, I found it to be both tough and easy in parts and even after taking an instructor-led class on it and studying my butt off, I passed the first time with a 700... Can't really cut it much closer than that! Not a great score but I'll take it. I only had about 3 weeks to prepare for it between the classes and study which could contribute to why I scored so low... We are on a tight schedule as we are starting Cisco coursework next week. From what I understand I am the first person to pass this exam the first time around at the testing facility I was at... This is definately not a test to be taken lightly.

Onto the CCNA and then MCSE/MCTS!

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations and welcome on board :)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

I'm preparing for this now, and I can really appreciate what you've accomplished. icon_cool.gif
  • AhhhyesAhhhyes Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

I'm preparing for this now, and I can really appreciate what you've accomplished. icon_cool.gif

same thing here. I am about to take that in a week. hope i do well ...
    Failure to prepare is preparing to fail
  • eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    congrats!!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • tony1069tony1069 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys... anything I can do to help let me know...

FYI I used CBT Nuggets, the 70-291 Moc #2276 & 2277 (Great stuff if you can get your hands on it, if there's a demand Ill see if I can host it for you to download), VMWare for sims and the MS Press book for the more intensive stuff like DNS and subnetting.

LOTS of questions on SUS, a lot of it seems relevant to what I saw on the 70-290... My weak points were RRAS and network security.
  • disaster_pigeondisaster_pigeon Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, it is indeed a hard test!
    INCONCEIVABLE. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • coax31coax31 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, if you think 70-291 is rough wait tell you try the CCNA 640-802
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    coax31 wrote:
    Congrats, if you think 70-291 is rough wait tell you try the CCNA 640-802

If you haven't taken 291 yet, how can you compare it to anything?

My opinion - 291 is tougher by a long shot. But you have to be prepared for whatever test you take. CCNA is tougher than 270 or 290.

Oh, and congrats tony! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.