Transcender question ref 70-290.3.2.40

gregrnelgregrnel Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone help me on this one, I seem to have missed the boat entirely on this question. Where do they get the subnet mask from? When they say "exclusion ranges have been created consisting of the fist 10 addresses in each scope", what do they mean. It seems the pages in the my Sybex and MSPress book are missing regarding this question. Thanks..... icon_confused.gif

Comments

• motherwolfmotherwolf Member Posts: 117
    Look again in your books, I guarantee subnet mask information is in there. If you can't find it just type it into Google and a ton of stuff will come up. As far as the exclusion ranges, they're referring to DHCP and what addresses are not handed out to clients automatically. Usually excluded addresses are for your servers or hardware devices(ie routers and switches, etc.) that need to have a static address all the time. So if my scope is 10.10.10.1 to 10.10.10.254 and I make an exclusion range for the first 10 addresses, then 10.10.10.1 to 10.10..10.10 won't be handed out to my clients. They'll most likely be statically assigned by you. That leaves 10.10.10.11 through 10.10.10.254 to be dynamically assigned by your DHCP server to the rest of your clients.