Options

Any ISDN Qs in CCNA recently ? 801

OzWolfbaneOzWolfbane Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

People who have done CCNA 640-801 recently (within 3-4 mnths), did u guys get any ISDN questions ??

They have taken ISDN out of the 640-802, and have heard rumors since then that ISDN Qs are not coming in the 801 exam. My ISDN is a bit weak and since its kind of obsolete dont want to focus on it too much.

So....

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you what was asked on the exam. It would violate the NDA everyone signs when they take the exam. If it is on the exam topics I'd know at least the basics before I took the exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    i am not asking for specifics, just if one obsolete topic has been excluded
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you an academy student who is eligable for the old exam? If not it is doesn't matter because you need to take the new exam (640-802)
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's pretty much common knowledge that ISDN isn't on the old or new exam.

Thought you might want to learn a little of it as you'll still come across it on the job at a lot of places
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    OzWolfbane wrote:
    yes i am

OzWolfbane,

Ask your Cisco Networking Academy instructor.
  • Options
    freetechfreetech Member Posts: 154
    The 640-801 isn't given anymore, so that's a moot question.
    I was told by my instructor that ISDN is not on the 640-802 objectives, so I can legally tell you that it should not be on the 802 exam.
    Experience is a harsh teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    freetech wrote:
    The 640-801 isn't given anymore, so that's a moot question.
    Um.... it is still available for Cisco Network Academy Students who took or are still finishing up the "old courses."

ISDN isn't mentioned in the 640-801 exam blueprint anymore -- but neither is PPP or HDLC. Consider ISDN as part of the WAN topics -- and study accordingly. If you search the CCNA forum for ISDN, you'll see that many people have said its importance on the 801 exam had diminished, but you should still know the basics. Since it's no longer a major topic, "luck of the draw" on questions from the exam pool may determine whether you get any ISDN questions or not. And if you have a home lab -- DON'T bother buying an ISDN simulator for it.

I think I did hear it stated that ISDN was off the 802 exam -- but if any of the updated books still have some ISDN information in them, its still useful "background information" to know -- especially since you still may see ISDN signaling when dealing with VoIP issues.

Check out this thread
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27691
    for the 801-->802 changes. But the "highlights" are:
    dtlokee wrote:
    Removed ISDN, IGRP and RIP v1. Added more security including routing protocol authentication, port security, SSH instead of telnet, VPN theory, etc. Added Wireless and configuring DHCP and a few other things. Increased emphsis on troubleshooting, using show commands and interpreting the output.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    I had one question that mentioned ISDN.

It was not too involved though, I took the exam in November.