Has anyone taken the computer test Prove it ?

eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
Hi.

I've been contact for an agency for a job, they want me to pass few tests, they want A+ to start, has anyone taken this test?.

Thanks in advance. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    elegua wrote:
    they want A+ to start, has anyone taken this test?.

Sorry, nobody has taken this test before.

In all seriousness, there's an A+ forum here at TechExams. Go check it out.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    royal wrote:
    elegua wrote:
    they want A+ to start, has anyone taken this test?.

Sorry, nobody has taken this test before.

In all seriousness, there's an A+ forum here at TechExams. Go check it out.

Thanks for your replay, actually the Prove it is not only for A+, they have many tests included Cisco, Microsoft, Linux and much more, i mentioned A+ as an example.

Here the web: http://www.proveit.com/default.htm

Anyway, Thank you. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have no idea what site is trying to offer. But since their recommended browswer is netscape and their most up to date title is office XP (2002), I don't know about these guys...

the company wants you to use this site? Otherwise there are much better options to start earning your certs with.
    -Daniel
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Since you said this is an agency, they probably use this 3rd party service to screen candidates to see if they have the sklls they say they have before they would even consider allowing you to interview with one of their customers.

People can **** the A+ (and lots of Certifications) -- so it looks like this site has their own questions -- probably based on the exam topics -- to see if the person can answer questions they've never seen before (just like honest people do when they take the certification exams).

If you studied and learned the material for the A+ Exam then a quick review should be all you need to "pass" this test. Someone who dumped and didn't learn the material probably would fail this exam -- since they wouldn't have seen these questions before.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Hi,

Yeah, you are right, this test is to make sure you have the skill for the position, he sent me the session ID to enter and do the exam, by the way, i did it and passed the test, as you said, old stuff, win95, 98 and so.

Also i found info (not much) relate it in this forum, i think that some agencies are using this online test to just verify before sent you for the interview with the company, here is the link:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15712

Thanks guys. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif