Options

Study Routines

ok peeps im looking for some tips n techniques you guys use for self study....

im currently trying to start everywhere and getting no where......

so how do you remain focussed ??
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thinking about the feeling of accomplishment keeps me motivated. The desire to gain respect and professionalism also keeps me motivated. And of course $$$.

I want to have nice things like a nice car, nice house by some water, maybe have a skii boat or something. I want my son to have the things he wants and live the good life, and have great experiences. These are the types of thoughts that keep my eye on the prize and make me take what I do very seriously.

Once you have accomplished a great feat like getting a degree, graduating valedictorian, having a great job, aquiring credentials, you start to get the bug for success. Winning is a habbit but unfortunately so is losing.

As far as routine, just don't be lazy. Do things you don't want to do. Have some self descipline. Study all the time at every free chance you have. Think competively.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You should check out this thread as well: http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=192082

I work on things that interest me. If I start burning out on the MS stuff, I switch over to Linux or programming for a bit. You can't force it. Try switching up your study methods as well. Throw in some CBTs or lab exercises, so you're not just stuck in a book all the time.
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    dynamik wrote:
    You should check out this thread as well: http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=192082

I work on things that interest me. If I start burning out on the MS stuff, I switch over to Linux or programming for a bit. You can't force it. Try switching up your study methods as well. Throw in some CBTs or lab exercises, so you're not just stuck in a book all the time.
    Thats what i try to do.. i try to mix things up so i'm not in the same boring rut. Cisco hasn't been so bad, but when i read my MS books for school... sheesh, its like taking a tyenol PM or three.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    dynamik wrote:

cheers fella lots of good words there icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm a desktop support guy right now...but I seem to stretch back and forth between servers and routers...so it's difficult and I find myself having to study both system and network administration. There's too much information and I'm burned out all the time.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    freetechfreetech Member Posts: 154
    I am a hard-case ADD sufferer. I do not enjoy study!! So, I try to remove all distractions and study for the amount of time that I know< by practice>that I can stand. Usually I can go for an hour or two max. Then I take a break. Another way is to set goals, this lab or that chapter or this amount of time. I also have to plan my study time in advance. If I study when I feel like it -- it doesn't happen.
    Last, to reinforce what others have said, I try to concentrate on the benefits of the cert. How will I feel when I pass that test? What does the certificate look like? You get the point.
    Good luck and stay at it. The most valuable certs are the ones that take the most work. Stay at it, no matter what.
    Experience is a harsh teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Same here freetech. That's why I work on multiple things at once. I can very rarely go 2-hours straight on anything. I'm currently reading books on Unix, Solaris, 293, 291, CISSP, Python, and Server+ as well as watching CBTs for CCNA and 293. As soon as my interest starts to wane, I hop over to something else.